Two Assistant / Associate Professor positions Data Security and IoT Security
Updated: 22 Aug 2019
Research / Academic
We welcome applications in the areas of - but not limited to - IoT security and Data security & privacy. Positions can range from (tenure-track) assistant professor to associate professor, depending of the profile of the candidate.The Security group at TU Eindhoven.TU Eindhoven (TU/e) is a mid-size technical university located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands. The Security group is part of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS), which is one of the largest departments of the TU/e with over100 (assistant, associate and full) professors, almost 200 PhD and PDEng students, and about 1100 bachelor students and 600 master students. By performing top-level fundamental and applied research, offering high-quality educational programs, and maintaining strong ties with industry, the Security group aims to contribute to science and to innovation in and beyond the region. Its research focus spans from security deployment and management, to physical security and attack engineering.What we are looking for.We seek to appoint computer scientists or scientists from areas related to computer security who are passionate about research as well as teaching. Candidates are expected to conduct high-quality academic research in the areas of Data Security & Privacy and IoT Security (considered in a broad sense), resulting in publications in top conferences and scholarly journals. Candidates will teach courses at the bachelor and/or master levels (both in English) and be involved in supervising Bachelor, Master, PDEng, and PhD candidates. Candidates are expected to acquire external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or industry.
Requirements:We are looking for excellent candidates that add value to the Security group and match the following profile:
- A PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or other fields closely related to computer security.
- Excellent scientific achievements in the field of mentioned above, documented by internationally recognized publications, organized workshops and/or conferences, and research projects.
- Excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Ability and ambition to develop an internationally recognized and independent academic position.
- Experience with acquiring external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or industry.
- Good communicative, collaboration, and didactic skills.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department;
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming associate professor. After a maximum of 4 years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile,
you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- As an Irène Curie Fellow, you are entitled to a substantial start-up package to kick-off your career. For more information about the fellowship, see the following additional conditions here.
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
38 hours per week
De Rondom 70