In order to get a phone line (landline / fixed line) you need to provide:
- Valid proof of identity (not a driving licence)
- Residence permit (if applicable)
- Rental contract
- Employment contract (if applicable)
- Bank account (details or card)
Phone line (landline / fixed line) providers in the Netherlands
Hints & Tips
- In case you cannot provide a residence permit and / or employment contracts you may be asked to pay another (refundable) deposit.
- There are different types of landline contracts; always check the balance between monthly fixed costs and per minute calling fees.
- As a rule, you have to subscribe for at least 12 months.
- Fixed lines in the Netherlands are provided by KPN; all the other providers own rights to some lines.