SR. Manager, GPA Excellence – Engineering & Project Management Europe
Updated: 14 Jun 2019
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- To ensure the deployment & compliance of the Global Project Assurance & Center of Excellence system, process & procedure requirements within the assigned global region.
- Facilitate the management of change & implementation, capture the best practice, enhance and facilitate knowledge sharing.
- To facilitate the workflow between the regional team and GPA & CoE home-organization respective function.
- Ensure a smooth interface with KSA on all matters relating to Project Assurance & Compliance by the following, and not limited to:
- Distribute information effectively in both directions between E&PM Europe and GPA in KSA. This job is the single point of contact to channel such information.
- Expedite the interaction process in a timely and effective manner.
- Track, measure and report performance of all assurance processes. Make recommendations and follow up any related actions.
- Share knowledge proactively and ensure all requirements are fully understood by the Sites and GPA to avoid multiple iterations of information flow.
- Cost Estimate Validation; oversee the cost validations for the region.
The main responsibilities of the Sr. Manager, GPA Excellence are:
Process Deployment & Compliance:
- Play the focal point role between the E&PM GPA & COE home functions and regional projects team to ensure full understanding and compliance.
- Develop regional check list of the GPA & CoE process requirements Prepare, monitor and control section/department budget ensuring the financial resources are available to support the section/department operating plan while maximizing the service provided to the organization
- Manage the cost estimate validation process from and within the region. Provide monthly Report to the region and KSA on the status of all cost validations and the process performance overall.
Work Process Flow Facilitation:
- Facilitate the work flow between the regional team and GPA & CoE Home organization respective function
- Facilitate the GPA & CoE home department required inputs from regional team
- Report the E&PM dashboard input in monthly basis for project status and progress
- Discuss and address the GPA & CoE major findings within the region.
- Provide proactive support to the site teams by clarifying what information is required and organizing the necessary engagement with GPA on a timely basis and without unduly delaying the projects involved.
Management of Change Facilitation:
- Structure awareness across global E&PM organization within the region for GPA & CoE processes
- Workout the management of change for new process and requirements
- Elevate the compliance culture within the region
- Share the GPA & CoE process application realization and added value to the business
Knowledge Sharing and Transfer:
- Capture the lesson learned identified from the regional business engagement and share with E&PM concerned function for process improvement
- Leverage learnings across the region to ensure all sites benefit from the latest experience.
- Elevate the knowledge sharing culture among the region staff
- Develop metrics and monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the GPA processes in the region. Report progress globally. Make recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Responsible to demonstrate that value is being assured and make improvement recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- A Master’s degree in Technical Engineering or Business Administration, having a PMP Certification would be a strong asset.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in the petrochemicals Business or in an industrial environment including 8 to 10 years within Engineering & Project Management.
- Sound knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and best practices in the areas of Engineering and Project Management
- Seasoned business & technical acumen, strong quantitative & analytical skills as well as the ability to identify the root causes of problems, define and drive the corrective actions.
- Ability to develop useful metrics and process improvements in relation to Project Assurance
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Sound influencing & negotiation skills, fluent in English language (conversation and writing)
- Self-starter with an open mindset, a strong drive and can-do mentality and eagerness to drive performance excellence and improvements
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Self-starter, strong drive and ambition to drive improvements with the team, open and questioning personality
Working hours: 40.
40 hours per week