Sales Engineer (IT)
Updated: 16 Oct 2019
Always wanted to work for a successful listed IT company in the most beautiful part of Amsterdam? Are you passionate about providing pre and post sales expertise and technical support to (potential) customers? Do you have a particular flair for IT monitoring and Microsoft Cloud Technology?
Genius Recruitment is recruiting for an IT Sales Engineer (f/t)
You will be joining a growing International team in the center of Amsterdam (17fte), working closely with your colleagues based in Canada, US, and France. The company offers (potential) clients 3 lines of business such as monitoring software, hard ware and software dashboarding.
As an IT Sales Engineer you will be providing pre and post sales expertise and technical support to the (potential) customers and sales staff. With your creative thinking skills, you will be developing positive long-term relationships with customers. Using your excellent presentation skills, you will be making presentations to both large and small audiences, providing clear and concise product demonstrations to customers at all levels. Aligning customer needs and opportunities with solutions is what makes this an exciting and rewarding experience for both you and the customers.
Duties & responsibilities
- Supporting the technical needs of customers and resolving technical issues, along with engaging them on any additional issues, problems or opportunities regarding the products offered.
- Working closely with Engineering and Sales to resolve critical technical issues
- Engaging with the Sales team with sales prospects in preparing and presenting the products and technology, while addressing any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle
- Traveling to clients and potential clients (International, mainly Europe, 1 x per month 2-3 days) being the key technical interface with customers.
Skills & experience
- Experience working as a Software Engineer
- 2+ year’s experience working as a Sales Engineer
- Understanding and deep knowledge of IT infrastructure and IT Management products and services
- Knowledge IT Monitoring, Service Management, Microsoft Cloud Technology
- Excellent track record working on B2B new business
- Knowledge of the Software Industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Able to multi-task activities with shifting priorities
- Fluent English, additional language preferred
- BA/BS or equivalent
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the development of the company
- Excellent working conditions, fun place to work
- A challenging position in an international and ambitious company
- Personal development
- 30% ruling if applicable
- Friday drinks
- Ability to use your own creativity and initiative
- Uncapped bonus
- 25 days holiday days
40 hours per week