Updated: 16 Sep 2019
For an international company based in Hoofddorp, I am looking for a Java Developer specialized in API's. The client operates in logistics.
The client is looking for an experienced Java Developer who is looking for a challenging and unique opportunity. You have the opportunity to become a member of the IT Application Development team. Being part of this team, you will report to the Product Owner and you will focus on the development and integration of customer facing application. Your responsibilities will consist of;
Participate in the design, Development and implementation of complex/high impacting EMEA projects and rollout of global projects. Collaborate with other developers (front- & Back -end) and middleware Engineers to implement scalable, extensible and standards-based solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements. Occasional travel is required usually within Europe but also possibly further afield.
You have the following Skills:
- A strong sense of Software Craftsmanship
- Multiple years' experience as a Java Developer working on web based applications
- Building large-scale Java API services based on Spring Boot according to modern microservices architecture standard.
- Writing modular, well-tested, secure (OWASP Top 10, ...), maintainable and scalable code that integrates with our platform as well as external API endpoints
- Strong experience of RESTful API design, development and usage, JSON
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetess, ...)
- Familiarity with API Management
- Solid knowledge of Git and working with the GitFlow process of pull requests and -code reviews
- Familiarity with CI/CD, automated unit & integration testing
- Experience with both relational (Oracle, Postgres) and non-relational databases (Cassandra, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB)
- Familiarity with messaging platforms (IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, …)
- Familiar with automated code documentation
You have the Ability to
- Transform business requirements into technical solutions
- Clarify technical concepts, problems, and solutions to both technical and non-technical audience
- Inform stakeholders decision-making by presenting facts and solution options with pros and cons
- Convince and rally stakeholders behind the most suitable solution
You have experience with:
- Working independently and collaboratively as part of a cross-functional Agile development team and participating in all IT aspects of projects Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) DevSecOps
- Basic understanding of a complex business (structure, processes, goals, etc.) and of the business environment (industry, competitor, general IT)
We offer you
- An unique and challenging position for 3 years with the possibility of extending the contract
- Working in an international team with the international colleagues
- An independent position with responsibilities
- A market conform salary
You need to have a strong command of English!
Are you the Java Developer I am looking for? Apply now online, or contact Maurice Bos from the IT-Team via +31 (0) 20 522 13 22 or m.bos @ huxley.com for more information about this job or comparable vacancy's in the IT-sector.