Open-rank tenure-track faculty positions in information systems
Updated: 16 May 2019
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) invites applications for two open-rank tenure-track faculty positions in Information Systems, starting in September 2020. The position is in RSM’s department of Technology and Operations Management, section Business Information Management (BIM).
The rank for the position is assistant professor or associate professor. Final year PhD candidates, assistant professors and associate professors are invited to apply. The possibility of starting in January 2020 can be discussed.
Qualifications and responsibilities
We are looking for candidates with:
- a PhD in information systems, marketing, economics, management and organisation, computer science, management science, statistics or related fields
- a strong commitment to high-quality research as well as evidence of their ability to conduct impactful work and to publish in top journals
- an interest across various areas of information systems research and research methodologies
- research that complements on-going work in the department, particularly in the areas of business analytics, digital marketing, online platforms, technology-related innovation, data privacy, smart cities, and energy information systems
- an appreciation for academic research linked to real-world problems to create impact both to the academic community and the business community
- the ability to play a key role in the department’s academic programmes at undergraduate, master, MBA, and PhD levels.
RSM provides tenure-track faculty with an internationally outstanding research environment exemplified by a light teaching load and financial support for research activities. The position comes with a competitive salary which complies with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Favourable tax agreements may apply to international applicants. Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
38 hours per week
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50