Senior Java software Engineer Amsterdam | Tech meetup Leader Set up a new Java-Kotlin DevCentre from Scratch! | Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP & Kafka | €90.000 + perm. contract
Updated: 18 Jul 2022
Vacancy: Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam
- Does it seem like a big challenge to you to shape a new Java/Kotlin Development Centre together with passionate colleagues?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to play a key role in this with many career opportunities, also towards management if you have that ambition?
- What about working with Microservices Architecture, new construction, Reactive Programming, Cloud, NoSQL, Docker, DevOps and CD?
Then don’t wait any longer because we have the job for you!
Your employer: Setting up the most ambitious project organization in Amsterdam
Sometimes you look at a company and think, “Wow, I wish I had been part of the company when they were just getting started. Well here is your chance. The idea is simple, over the past 3 years a leading software engineer organization of more than 50 developers has been set up here. The basis for this has been laid by organizing the largest tech events worldwide, comparable to a J-Fall & DevOxx in order to bind a community to them. A wonderful tech company has emerged from this community, where about 50 people, almost exclusively engineers, work with passion every day.
The past few years have been a great adventure, with results that they would never have dreamed of. From 0 to 50 engineers in 3 years! But this success tastes like more and that is why they will use this experience to build a new Java/Kotlin DevCentre from the ground up. That is why we are now looking for the best Senior Java, Kotlin or Full Stack developers to give shape to this completely new unit.
The culture here is everything you hope to find as an engineer. Knowledge sharing is key, here the organization is super flat, with short communication lines without bureaucratic management. They organize the largest tech event in the world here and have become a real authority. The culture here is open and friendly and good career opportunities that you don’t easily see elsewhere.
Your role: Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam
In your role as Senior Java software Engineer Amsterdam, you get a unique position within the organization. You will be one of the first Java Software engineers and this gives you the opportunity to further shape this DevCentre together with the two founders and CTO. You can draw on the knowledge that has already been gained here from scaling up the other engineering discipline.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer you will be part of this brand new Java/Kotlin development unit, where you will work together with your team on the most cutting edge projects in Amsterdam and Utrecht. You will use the best open source technologies in combination with agile working. You will be solving technically complex challenges related to Architecture, Microservices, Docker, Cloud, Reactive Programming, Clean Coding, DevOps, NoSQL and/or Continuous Delivery.
In your role as a Senior Java developer, you will have the opportunity to grow as a Lead Developer or Architect and if you have ambitions towards management responsibilities, you can certainly grow into this.
What is being asked?
- Around 4 years of professional Java or Kotlin software development experience
- Preferably a completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science (no must)
- Experience with Java & Spring Boot
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with microservices, Docker and/or k8s is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL is a plus
- Experience with Cloud such as AWS or GCP is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile and TDD is a plus
What is on offer?
- Salary between € 75.000 and € 90.000 knowledge and experience (Ex mobility allowance)
- + Indefinite contract
- 25 vacation days
- Laptop of your choice worth € 2500,-
- Excellent pension scheme
- Very generous training budget
- Generous budgets for attending seminars and conferences in the Netherlands and abroad
Would you like to be part of one of the biggest success stories of recent years, where you get the chance to help build a Java/Kotlin DevCentre yourself?
Then don’t wait any longer and respond via the form below or send your resume to Roy Schaper via [email protected]
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week