Java Software Engineer Utrecht | Improve worldwide education with a new microservices platform for 5 million daily users! | Java17, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, AWS, GCP, Scrum | €82.000 + 3 days from home!
Updated: 25 May 2022
Your job: Java Software Engineer Utrecht
- Would you like to make a huge impact in the lives of millions of Bachelor’s and Master’s students worldwide by helping to improve their education?
- Would you like to work on a platform that will be completely rebuilt and scaled by a factor of 20?
- Do you like challenges around setting up new architecture, transitioning to microservices, and working with a new tech stack?
- Do you like working with modern technology such as Java17, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, K8s, Cloud in an Agile environment, without having prof experience with all these technologies?
Then don’t wait any longer because we have the job for you!
Your employer: Make a positive impact on worldwide education and millions of students!
This highly successful and quickly growing tech company in Utrecht that students all over the world were struggling to complete their studies through lack of clear guidance. They jumped into this niche and the rest is history! Now, over a decade later they have conquered the Dutch market with a disruptive platform for the education sector!
Joining now means jumping at an amazing time, as they will now take on the global market. The scale will increase from a few dozen universities to hundreds! The platform needs to get ready to serve millions of students daily! This ultimately results in millions of more students from all over the world graduating through your work. Talk about impact!
The organization is characterized by its informal and flexible character, with a strong engineering mindset. The organizational structure is super flat and the head of engineering just sits comfortably on your floor and is super approachable. There is no bureaucracy here, with lots of room for you to further influence the further development of the product and company!
Your role: Java Software Engineer Utrecht
In your role as Java Software Engineer Utrecht, you will work in Agile team software engineers and will get to build this worldwide used large scale Cloud platform, with a challenging roadmap for years to come!
As you can imagine a lot of impactful greenfield work will come out of the entire revamp of their platform! So working here is not only developing but also being involved in the architecture discussions. A brand new microservices architecture that will run completely in the Cloud, new jvm related technologies to be introduced, many new products to be added, and of course an x20 of load on the system.
As mentioned, the organization is in a very interesting phase, in which it will grow enormously. For you as a Java Software Engineer, there are therefore plenty of opportunities to grow within the organization. Medior grow into seniors, Senior can grow into a Lead developer for near future teams, They need more architect and even grow internationally is one of the options. But if you like management, they will need team leaders and dev managers here as well!
What is being asked?
- From around 4+ years of professional Java software development experience
- Experience with Java11 or higher
- Experience with Java17 and/or Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with modern frameworks such as Spring Boot and/or Docker
- Experience with public Cloud such as AWS or GCP is a plus
- Experience with microservices architectures is a plus
- Experience working in a Scrum or Spotify environment is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary between € 60.000 and € 82.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Choice of 32, 36, or 40 hours of work
- Very flexible working hours
- Lots of work from home options (3 days is no problem)
- Great office in the center of Utrecht
- Pension scheme
- 23 vacation days
- Laptop of your choice
Would you like to play a key role in setting up a world with a platform for millions Bachelor’s and Master’s students that helps them graduate easier? Well, don’t wait any longer!
Respond quickly via the form below or send your CV to Serge Warbout at [email protected]
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week