Senior Data Scientist
Updated: 13 Feb 2020
Orange Quarter are working with an Amsterdam-based digital hub for a global business – one of the most competitive digital enterprises within smart cities, transport and innovation – managing a platform with 1.8 million units in 32 countries.
With a customer-driven approach to their business and platform, everything they do and build is guided by the power of data. They’re now looking for a Senior Data Scientist on a freelance basis who can start at their innovation centre in january 2020.
What to expect:
You’ll be working in close collaboration with Data Scientists, Engineers and Analysts on multi-variable projects across the whole business. You will be putting scalable Machine Learning models into production in an AWS-based environment while taking ownership over Data Science to launch new projects based on business opportunities and patterns you see in the data.
Their business will count on you to proactively instigate new features and proposals in tandem with the team.
- The current tech stack consists of AWS, Spark, Visualisation tools (D3js, Dash), Python, R and SQL
- Experience in using multiple algorithms in production from Neural Networks and Naives Bayes to Random Forests
- A product focussed mindset to apply to a data-driven environment
- Strong communication skills. You will be working directly with senior business stakeholders in a global company
- Autonomy: you can independently demonstrate a creative approach to developing data products, and show your entrepreneurial side
- Freedom to develop and test your models, deploying them at scale, and working closely with stakeholders to launch new initiatives
- Work on innovative solutions in a flexible, diverse and autonomous team
- Opportunities for career growth, knowledge sharing and training