Updated: 06 Mar 2020
Orange Quarter has joined forces with one of the world’s leading companies in payment platforms to help scale out their infrastructure team to prepare them for another strategic period of growth. Their platform simplifies and accelerates global payments for its customers all over the world and you could be part of the next stage of their already hugely successful journey.
What to expect:
This company has one of the largest real-time transactional PostgreSQL instances in the world. They have recently sponsored many extensions to PostgreSQL and are investing more into PostgreSQL by looking for real authorities in this space to join their team. They are not looking for a more traditional DBA role and this position can also be described as a Distributed Systems Engineer.
- Ability to communicate with and work closely with development and infrastructure teams
- Experience configuring and maintaining database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, and system tuning to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- You are able to assist development teams to write and optimise in-application SQL statements, SQL scripts and procedures/triggers
- Drive to consult internally with Postgres and externally to the PostgreSQL community
- Represent their company in the PostgreSQL community and actively engage within the community
- Working in a truly international company with over 80+ nationalities and offices in over 15 countries
- Company chefs and baristas so you'll never be tired or hungry
- Office right next to Amsterdam's central station
- Competitive Salary package with benefits
- Social office environment with regularly planned team outings