Updated: 06 Mar 2020
Orange Quarter are working with an expert data collective who are changing the way traditional consultancies work by putting pragmatic problem-solving at the heart of their business. This is a group of data specialists, currently working on a mission-critical project for a marketplace scaleup here in Amsterdam. They are now looking for another Data Engineer to join them on implementing one of the largest serverless data lakes on AWS in NL.
What to expect:
You will be working on large scale technical problems alongside experts in the field, developing brand new data infrastructure on AWS, involving the development of a unique stream processing backend from scratch. Not much can match this project in terms of volume and complexity – this is what people mean when they say “I’m looking for a new technical challenge.”
- Experience using AWS services (Lambda, Glue, EMR etc.). If you are a Senior Engineer who is used to using another cloud stack and interested in becoming an AWS expert, then please still reach out!
- Stream-processing, work experience with tools like Kafka and Spark
- Solid experience with Python and/or Java. Scala is a nice to have
- You have been using Linux/macOS and Docker
- Strong communication skills. You must be able to explain complex technical concepts to the average Joe (test this on me, if you wish)
- A pragmatic mindset, a love for agility and a fast pace
- Working with experts in the field. A chance to acquire new skills and truly hone those you already have. The culture is techy, this tribe is passionate about knowledge sharing and discussing the viability of the latest tech trends
- Fields of pure green. This is certified fresh and challenging as a result, an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a true technical challenge
- Flexibility, autonomy and remote work when needed. A healthy, anti-toxic culture is the most important thing here