Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in Data Analytics and Digitalisation
Updated: 20 Sep 2023
As an Assistant Professor in Data Analytics and Digitalisation, you will be a vital member of the Department of Data Analytics and Digitalisation at Maastricht University's School of Business and Economics (SBE). Our department offers a diverse portfolio of M.Sc. and B.Sc. programmes on data analytics, digitalisation, and business intelligence. The position will include a variety of teaching, research and admin related tasks.
In addition to contributing to research activities, you will be responsible delivering lectures/tutorials to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Beyond teaching, you will collaborate with faculty members to develop and update course materials. By incorporating the latest advancements and industry best practices, you will ensure the curriculum remains relevant and in line with the rapidly changing data analytics and digitalisation landscape. In addition to your teaching and curriculum development responsibilities, you will provide essential guidance and mentorship to students working on research projects, theses, and dissertations.
As an Assistant Professor, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the vibrant academic community at Maastricht University, collaborating with fellow educators and researchers to advance the field of data analytics and digitalisation. Join us in shaping the future of data analytics education and research at Maastricht University and make a lasting impact on the development of skilled data professionals who will drive innovation in a data-centric world.
- Teaching: Delivering high-quality and engaging lectures, tutorials, and workshops in statistics, data analytics and digitalisation related courses to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Research: Conducting innovative and impactful research in the field of data analytics and digitalisation.
- Curriculum Development: Collaborating with the faculty to develop and update course materials, ensuring they align with the latest advancements in the field.
- Student Supervision: Providing guidance and mentorship to bachelor and master students on research projects, theses, and dissertations.
- Educational Background: A Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Intelligence, Computational Social / Data Sciences, Economics, or in a related field with evidence of interest in mathematical, statistical and/or computational methods.
- Teaching Experience: Prior experience in teaching data analytics and digitalisation courses at the university level is preferred but not mandatory.
- Research Track Record: Demonstrated research capabilities in data analytics and digitalisation, evidenced by high quality publications, conference presentations, or ongoing research projects.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in programming languages and a sound understanding of AI tools and technologies are desired.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
As an Assistant Professor at the School of Business and Economics, you will be employed by the most international university of the Netherlands, located in the beautiful city of Maastricht. In addition, we offer you:
- Good employment conditions. The position is in grated in scale 11 with corresponding salary ranging from €4.332 to € 5929 gross per month (based on a full-time employment of 38 hours per week). In addition to the monthly salary, an 8.0% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus are applicable;
- An employment contract for a period of 18 months with a scope of 1.0FTE;
- As Family-friendly University, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home if the nature of your position allows it. You will receive a monthly commuting and internet allowance for this. If you work full-time, you will be entitled to 29 vacation days and 4 additional public holidays per year, namely carnival Monday, carnival Tuesday, Good Friday, and Liberation Day. If you choose to accumulate compensation hours, an additional 12 days will be added. Furthermore, you can personalize your employment conditions through a collective labor agreement (CAO) choice model;
- As Maastricht University, we offer various other excellent secondary employment conditions. These include a good pension scheme with the ABP and the opportunity for UM employees to participate in company fitness and make use of the extensive sports facilities that we also offer to our students;
- Last but certainly not least, we provide the space and facilities for your personal and professional development. We facilitate this by offering a wide range of training programs and supporting various well-established initiatives such as 'acknowledge and appreciate'.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website click here
38 hours per week