Lead Software Architect Amsterdam | Build the Architecture for Heavily used Online Platform with Millions of Online Customers | JVM, Cloud | € 132.000 + Stock
Updated: 24 Jun 2022
Your role: Lead Software Architect Amsterdam
- Would you like to lay the architectural foundation for the future of one of the most heavily used online platforms in Europe, dealing with immense scaling, concurrency and availability challenges?
- Do you want to help form and drive an amazing agile engineering culture with matching high-quality software engineering standards and best practices?
- Do you like working on a very tangible, famous, heavily used product that all of the people you know use and helps facilitate a greener world?
- Do you say yes to a 20% yearend bonus, company stock and an indefinite contract from day one?
Then wait no longer, be sure to read on!
Your employer: The most heavily used online platform in the Netherlands!
This Amsterdam-based tech company for as long as one can remember has been the leading online platform, used by millions of unique consumer and business users daily. As you might expect from such a technology juggernaut their culture is one where intelligent, passionate engineers thrive. Here you get the freedom, tools, budget and autonomy to really drive innovation. With a very loyal customer base of millions to cater to. Think of the impact you can have!
Joining now means you join at the best time! They are in the middle of one of the largest transitions and upgrades in their history. They are revamping their entire microservices architecture, are moving to AWS, will introduce Kotlin in the coming months and upgrade their engineering best practices. Here you can sink your teeth into very interesting non-trivial engineering challenges for many many years to come!
You can join their elite architecture board and help to think out, plan and drive all of this. While always having the opportunity to get your hands dirty and show how amazing code is written!
Do you want to help with one of the most challenging transitions you could find here in Amsterdam?
Your role: Lead Software Architect Amsterdam
As Lead Software Architect Amsterdam, you will play a fundamental role in the amazing transition of this heavily used online platform, where you can directly impact the engineering culture, companywide platform architecture, engineering best practices and of course tens of millions of unique monthly customers! You will be part of the architecture team, where each is responsible for one of the different market domains.
In your role, you combine business and technology. Asking the right questions. Understanding the end-users and various internal stakeholders, identifying performance bottlenecks, etc. Where you work closely with product management and multiple passionate multidisciplinary engineering teams, working on heavily used distributed backend end services where scalability, performance and availability are paramount.
As one of the respected Lead Software Architects, you will help to define goals, revamp their microservices architecture, be involved in the migration to AWS, help to replace their messaging system, and form and drive high-quality and innovative agile engineering best practices. All while acting as a technological inspiration for the many software engineering teams and helping them to build great products and services for millions!
What is required?
- 7+ years of backend engineering experience
- Technical leadership experience as a tech lead, team lead or software architect
- Professional development experience with a JVM development language, probably java, Kotlin or scala
- Experience with architecture, design, TDD and agile best practices
- Experience working on backend systems handling heavy load (scaling, concurrency, performance, etc)
- Solid knowledge of NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience working on public cloud, AWS would be a nice to have
- Communicatively strong, able to ask good questions and get people on board with your ideas
- Experience with product development (roadmapping, refining, etc)
- Certified on AWS would be a nice to have
What is offered?
- Between € 100.000 and € 110.000, based on experience and added value
- + 20% bonus!
- + 20% of your annual wage in company stock
- Up to 4 days are working from home possible!
- Permanent contract from the start!
- 26 vacation days
- Laptop or MacBook
- Generous training budget
- Freedom to attend seminars or take courses
- Travel allowance
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- Massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on a gym membership
- A bicycle plan every 3 years
- After having worked for 5 years, a sabbatical for 1 month
Do you want to play a fundamental role in shaping the architecture, culture and user experience of one of the most heavily used online platforms in Europe?
Then apply now via the form below or send your updated resume to Robert Hawker via [email protected]
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week