Wittenberg's Host Full Time
Updated: 23 Aug 2019
Who are we?
Wittenberg offers 115 luxury serviced apartments located in a beautiful monumental building from the 17th century. We rent these apartments to our guests from 7 nights (minimum length of stay), which gives us the time to personally get to know them and make them feel at home. Wittenberg can be found in one of the most beautiful neighbourhoods of Amsterdam, the Plantage district. This calm yet central location ensures that we can welcome a diversity of guests, which makes every day unique.
Who are we looking for?
For our wonderful House Host team, we are looking for a guest oriented, enthusiastic and driven colleague. Somebody with a passion to strive for the highest possible guest satisfaction, by giving our guests personal attention and taking the time to make them feel at home. Furthermore, you like being in the centre of the daily activities and you know how to connect and mobilize different departments. Every day is different and together with your team you ensure that our guests are having an amazing stay with us.
What are you going to do?
During your shift you are, together with your colleague, responsible for the daily tasks and responsibilities of the Front Office, as well as ensuring that our guests are happy with their stay. The following are some of your key responsibilities and tasks:
- Welcoming our guests and visitors
- Organising and supervising the events for our guests
- Providing information with regards to our facilities, equipment and (touristic) highlights in Amsterdam
- Administrative tasks
- Joint responsibility for sending out proposals for inquiries regarding reservations
- Joint responsibility for processing reservations
- Attending shift handovers and department meetings
- Supporting the Assistant Manager and General Manager to ensure that our Housekeeping and Maintenance department maintains a high level of service
Who are you?
Besides having a pro-active attitude and being eager to learn, you possess the following qualities:
- Minimum of one year work – or internship experience as a Front Office employee
- Fluent in English in both speaking and writing (an additional 2nd language is a plus)
- You have strong communication – and social skills
- You are familiar with programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- A keen eye for detail, taking initiative and a commercial attitude; these all apply to you
- You can read the guests and respond to their needs and wishes
- You seize every opportunity and you don’t let go!
What do we offer?
Besides a competitive salary, you will also get the chance to receive a quarterly bonus. This bonus is based on both company and individual growth and achievements. Next to that, we offer;
- A quarterly team event
- A fast-growing company with a lot of (international) career opportunities
- Both internal – and external trainings
- Free accommodation during trainings at a SACO Serviced Apartments or Locke locations
- Friends & Family discount on overnight stays with SACO Serviced Apartments and Locke
Our website: https://www.sacoapartments.com/serviced-apartments/netherlands/amsterdam/wittenberg/
The Courage to Question, to Evolve, to be Human
Full time hours per week
Serviced Apartment Company