Sales Engineer - International shipping
Updated: 28 Jan 2020
MR Spares is trading all types and brands of marine spares needed on seagoing vessels. Our customers are ship owners, and shipmanagement companies, located on all continents.
As a Sales Engineer you will have full responsibility to process RFQ's, scrutinize materials requests, negotiate prices with vendors and customers, smart warehousing, and organizing transport and paperwork to have the spares delivered to a vessel as quick as possible.
You will be working from our Rotterdam offices, and will follow various MR Academy trainings modules to ensure your fast development within the company. Individual study hours and on site training are part of the job.
- Sourcing material, negotiating prices, preparing proposals, ordering, despatch
- Organising and coordinating projects
- General administration
- Bachelors/master (marine) engineering degree
- Shipping background in buying a big advantage
- Technical background or natural talent
- Good understanding of business English (Dutch not needed)
- Experience in international trading.
- Team worker
- Quick learner, smart
- Structured with eagerness for details
- Independent, positive person, capable to handle stress
- Thinking in solutions, not in problems
- Sense of humour, a fun colleague.
Note: an EU passport or existing NL residence/working permit without time restrictions is needed.
Monthly starting salary between 1900 and 3000 euro gross before taxes (OTE). A performance bonus will be included after 6 months of employment.
An extra month salary will be paid out in June.
40 hours per week
MR Spares is part of the MR Marine Group with subsidiaries in Singapore, Shanghai, Mexico, and Panama. We serve ships worldwide with technical know-how across all brands, unparalleled marine spares sourcing, and service marine elevators and ballast water treatment systems.
We guarantee 24/7 responsiveness and have the ambition to become the largest and best marine spares supplier in the world. Our policy: we do it right, or we don’t do it at all.