Lecturer in Data Analytics and Digitalisation
Updated: 04 Aug 2023
As a Lecturer in Data Analytics and Digitalisation, you will be a vital member of the Department of Data Analytics and Digitalisation at Maastricht University's School of Business and Economics (SBE). Our department provides education on a diverse portfolio of M.Sc. and B.Sc. programmes on data analytics, digitalisation, and business intelligence.
Your primary responsibility will be delivering lectures/tutorials to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Beyond teaching, you will collaborate with faculty members to develop and update course materials. By incorporating the latest advancements and industry best practices, you will ensure the curriculum remains relevant and in line with the rapidly changing data analytics and digitalisation landscape. In addition to your teaching and curriculum development responsibilities, you will provide essential guidance and mentorship to students working on research projects, theses, and dissertations.
As a Lecturer, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the vibrant academic community at Maastricht University, collaborating with fellow educators and researchers to advance the field of data analytics and digitalisation. Join us in shaping the future of data analytics education and research at Maastricht University and make a lasting impact on the development of skilled data professionals who will drive innovation in a data-centric world.
- Teaching: Delivering high-quality and engaging lectures, tutorials, and workshops in statistics, data analytics and digitalisation related courses to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Curriculum Development: Collaborating with the faculty to develop and update course materials, ensuring they align with the latest advancements in the field.
- Student Supervision: Providing guidance and mentorship to bachelor and master students on research projects, theses, and dissertations.
- Educational Background: A Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Intelligence, Computational Social / Data Sciences, Economics, or in a related field with evidence of interest in mathematical, statistical and/or computational methods.
- Teaching Experience: Prior experience in teaching data analytics and digitalisation courses at the university level is preferred but not mandatory. A strong commitment to effective and innovative teaching methodologies is essential.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in programming languages and a sound understanding of AI tools and technologies are desired.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
The salary will be set in salary scale 10 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (from € 3.226,- to € 5090,- gross per month depending on experience and qualifications, based on a full-time appointment). On top of this, there is an 8% holiday allowance and a 8.3% year-end allowance;
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM.
38 hours per week