Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Inorganic Material Chemistry
Updated: 07 Apr 2020
Research / Academic
TU Eindhoven (TU/e) is a mid-size technical university located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands. The Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry at TU/e is renowned for its top research and education in areas such as Sustainable Process Technology, Materials Chemistry and Functional Materials. Our researchers focus on societal challenges concerning energy, circular economy and next-generation adaptive materials that will radically change our life. Technology is developed to manufacture sustainable chemicals and fuels, to develop new materials to convert and store energy, to synthesize recyclable polymers, and to design smart materials that improve contact between humans and robots.As part of a nation-wide initiative to stimulate the chemical and engineering sciences, the department invites applications for a new faculty position in the following area:Inorganic Material Chemistry. This new professor position is meant to strengthen the department's profile in inorganic materials chemistry with a focus on advanced experimental methods to the design, synthesis, characterization and application of novel inorganic materials. Without limiting the scope, examples of relevant research topics include energy materials (especially storage and conversion), nanomaterials (composition, morphology, defects), hybrid materials, supramolecular inorganic chemistry, and the development/use of advanced methods for characterization of such materials (e.g, advanced microscopy/spectroscopy).Do you want to set up and expand your own, independent research line and team, while still being able to profit from the benefits that come with working together in research units and in an open-atmosphere department? Then apply now!You will be offered the opportunity to establish an independent, largely externally funded research program in collaboration with colleagues at our department and at national and international institutions. Substantial starting packages to kick-off your career in our department are available.Flexible work schedules can be arranged
Requirements:We encourage you to apply if you have a PhD degree and at least two years of postdoctoral experience.
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Female candidates are eligible for the Irene Curie fellowship.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
38 hours per week
De Rondom 70