Senior Java Developer Amsterdam | Be in the lead for critical disruptive greenfield systems for the most impactful organizations! | Java 17, Spring Boot, Quarkus, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka & NoSQL | €95.000 + 15% bonus + lease car + perma...
Updated: 02 Aug 2022
Your job: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
- Do you like to build a very tangible completely greenfield platform that will be used throughout the Netherlands and therefore recognized by friends and family?
- Do you want to work within a unique engineering culture with 100% self-managing multidisciplinary teams where a lot of cross-fertilization, always work from home or your office and are in the lead with stack choice, architecture, quality and delivery?
- And will you say yes to a permanent contract, 15% end-of-year bonus, a lease car or €650 mobility allowance and ample training opportunities?
Don’t wait that long, because this is the job for you!
Your employer: Disruptive, impactful greenfield systems run in the core processes of customers!
This leading 100% Tech company has been able to make a huge impact within the Dutch software ecosystem in recent years. In the past decades, they have become the Thought Leader in the field of building the most critical core-systems in the Netherlands. In fact, the work is not only recognized here, but the impact is so great that without this organization the Dutch economy will come to a halt. With key customers in payments, banking, food & beverages, distribution, energy (extraction & distribution), delivery and stock exchange, to name a few! You are guaranteed to make an impact here!
Due to the enormously high trust they have earned, more and more are being asked to build new, highly tangible, disruptive and impactful software that runs in the core processes of their customers. Help innovate software systems where you can bite down on architecture, design, stack, customer contact, infrastructure. You can choose everything yourself! If you want responsibility, freedom and impact, this is for you!
If you have always craved freedom, being able to make an impact, total responsibility and working with the best techies who have already mastered it? Then you’ve come to the right place!
The uniqueness of this organization is that there are no management layers here. You read that right, no management! For example, you work within multidisciplinary teams, where the team can determine everything itself (including how much working from home and at the office), has full project responsibility and your team members are just as driven as you are to deliver quality.
So you can learn a lot from each other and get the best out of yourself and your colleagues. Do you want to pick up some frontend as a backender? Do you want to learn more about cloud/DevOps as a backender? That’s all possible here!
To give you the best platform for success: everything designed to get the best out of yourself! Here you will find very attractive conditions such as an immediate permanent contract, 15% bonus, an immediate permanent contract, lease car/mobility allowance and completely free star restaurant in the building! How unique is that?
Your role: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
In your role as Senior Java Developer Amsterdam you get the unique opportunity to build impactful systems from scratch. You always work with your own team members (no outsourcing!), you determine how much you work at home and at the office and you determine the design, architecture, stack choice, delivery automation, scalability, performance and code quality.
So you not only work on impactful greenfield projects with full autonomy and project responsibility, but you can also learn a lot about how to deliver a high profile impactful project from start to finish. How you can really grow a customer demand and make maximum impact, resulting in raving reviews. The culture here is truly unique! You and your fellow engineers are REALLY in charge here, and you determine the course of the organization yourself!
Since you and your engineering colleagues hold sway, it is logical that you would like to develop further. That is why you can go green here, both horizontally and vertically, to Tech Lead, Team Lead and Principal Architect (Hands on CTO), where you are fully in the lead with strategy, vision, leadership and delivery.
What is being asked?
- At least 5 years of professional backend development experience
- Professional experience with Java 11+ and Spring Boot
- Communicative skills and likes to take people along with your idea
- Inquisitive, discovery-oriented and wanting to be at the ahead of the market
- You like building quality software and you have a polyglot mindset
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with cloud such as AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- Experience designing and building critical backend services is a pre
What is on offer?
- Salary between €80.000 and €95.000 based on knowledge and experience
- + 15% end-of-year bonus
- Immediately a permanent contract!
- Lease car or mobility allowance of €650
- Work 32, 36 (even 4×9) or 40 hours
- 25 vacation days
- Working from home 3 days a week
- iPhone + Macbook
- Solid pension
- Possibility for training/courses
- Fully catered lunch at the office
So, as a Senior Java Developer Amsterdam, do you want to build a completely disruptive greenfield platform from scratch that will be used by millions of Dutch people with unprecedented freedom?
Then respond using the form below or send your resume to Roy Schaper, via [email protected]
ps. Does this vacancy not match what you are looking for, but are you looking for a Java and/or Kotlin position in Amsterdam? Do not hesitate to contact us via the email address above
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week