Senior Backend Engineer
Updated: 06 Mar 2020
If you’re looking for your next big challenge as a Senior Backend Engineer, this is it. An established company developing complex and multifaceted software for hospitality brands are on the lookout for a key member of their development team based in Amsterdam. They have built a cloud-based platform that allows tens of thousands of hotels to manage huge amounts of guest data, gather business insights and intelligence as well as manage the day-to-day of hotel functions. It’s an all-encompassing platform with many moving parts and a big focus on guest data.
What to expect:
You’re coming on board to focus on Backend Engineering and will be part of a new team developing and deploying products that will have a big impact on the entire business. Expect to be working with cutting edge technologies on a daily basis, using your experience and skill to craft functionalities that are at the very core of the platform. This company will give you autonomy to make big technical decisions, as a Backend Engineer you will not just develop but design and architect solutions.
- You know the Java ecosystem like the back of your hand
- Both relational and non-relational databases like MySQL and Cassandra are second nature to you
- They build according to a microservice based architecture, experience with this would be ideal
- It goes without saying but you're familiar with APIs like REST, SOAP, JSON, XML etc
- You'll be working a team of talented engineers so you need to stand behind your ideas with clear communication and a willingness to have your ideas discussed openly
- Stocks and Shares, become part owner of the company you work at
- A culture of learning and development, you'll get all the resources you need to improve with a clear development plan
- A genuinely disruptive product that is revolutionising the hospitality space
- A gorgeous office in central Amsterdam, a 2 minute walk from Dam Square
- A company culture with a real family feel, team lunches and great events