Updated: 16 Sep 2019
Release Manager wanted for the European HQ of an international bank in Amsterdam. The bank has recently centralised all of their European activities in The Netherlands and is looking to strengthen its ICT team.
The Release Manager manages and deploys releases into production. You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the organisation for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.
- Plan release windows and cycles across a portfolio;
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality;
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations;
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates;
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes;
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations;
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews;
- Provide a wide range of information, guidance and advice to team management, addressing customer queries including those of a more complex / sensitive nature, ensuring that the recipient clearly understands the nature of the information being provided.
A challenging position in an international environment in Amsterdam. Salary for this position is between 4500 and 6000 euro gross per month.