Kotlin developer | thought leader of Europe | Scalable greenfield challenges with millions of end users | € 90.000 + €11.000 mobility + 5% bonus + permanent contract
Updated: 06 May 2022
Your job: Kotlin developer
- Would you like to work at the Thought Leader of Europe with the best engineers from the region who conquer Europe together with the most impactful software projects?
- Would you like to become an authority in areas like Cloud-Native, Event-Driven-Architecture, FP, Microservices, or AI?
- Do you like to be part of a very ambitious engineering culture where self-development, knowledge sharing, and training are top priorities and you can grow into a lead or architect?
- Do you say yes to great benefits such as a 5% end-of-year bonus, 22 energetic knowledge sharing sessions per year, a beautiful office, 6 training days, many home working options, and a permanent contract from the start?
Then don’t wait any longer, this job is made for you!
Your employer: The Thought Leader in Europe in software engineering for more than 20 years
More than two decades ago, two entrepreneurs who no longer had to do it for the money came up with a plan: we are going to let the best engineers excel on the most interesting issues, always using the most recent technologies! The result is a leading company that has become the Thought Leader within modern software engineering in Europe. Many speak at inspiring conferences, write books or contribute to impactful open source projects.
This 100% tech company is helping impactful, consumer-oriented companies with millions of end-users to harness the power of automation across industries such as eHealth, autonomous driving, FinTech, and e-commerce. They only bite into greenfield challenges in which they can take a leading role and make a real impact! Full of architecture/design, complex issues and always working with passionate and very capable team members. Fun, impact, learning, inspiration, you have it all here!
Your role: Kotlin developer
As a Kotlin developer, you get the unique opportunity to bite down into the most challenging greenfield and long-term software projects in Europe, all developed from their headquarters in the Netherlands. Together with your teammates, you will be called in to take the lead and lay the foundation for the success of major tech companies! Here you will have the opportunity to experiment with proven technologies in functional programming, event sourcing, cloud native, data engineering, scaling, and microservices development.
Although Kotlin is an important development language, here you get the chance to develop yourself as a polyglot. Think of Java, Scala, and Golang. Do you find that programming languages are just a means to solve impactful and interesting challenges, then this job is really for you!
Since you will become part of the European Thought Leader within software engineering, here you have many ways to expand your circle of influence. Think of career opportunities as a lead or architect, speaking at conferences, giving training courses, or becoming a guru in a theme in which you like to excel!
What is required?
- Minimum of 5 years of professional Backend software engineering experience
- Professional experience with Kotlin or Java
- Experience with Golang or Scala is a plus
- Emotionally intelligent and strong communication skills
- A technical university degree or a comparable level is an advantage
- Experience with Unit Testing, Automated Testing, or End-to-End testing is the standard for you
- Experience with containerization such as Docker & Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud is a plus
- A polyglot mindset, or the will to broaden your scope
- Experience in training, mentoring, tech leading, open source development, or being active within software communities is a big plus
What is on offer?
- Between €70.000 and € 90.000 per year based on knowledge and added value
- € 11.000 Mobility budget, to use as salary or nice care ON TOP of the salary above
- Permanent contract from the start
- €5.000 training budget per year + 6 training days + 20 knowledge sessions per year
- 5% year-end bonus on top of your salary
- Choice of a 36 or 40 hour contract
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home 3 days a week!
- New hardware budget of € 3900 every two year
- A new phone every two years + unlimited calls
- Lots of space to visit conferences
- Solid pension
- Very inspiring colleagues and knowledge spaces
Interested to work on the most cutting edge greenfield challenges in Europe? Don’t wait any longer.
Please respond via the form below or send your CV to Serge Warbout, via [email protected]
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week