E-commerce Buyer - Japanese & Korean Food
Updated: 12 Feb 2024
Are you an experienced buyer with a broad network in the field of Japanese & Korean Food? Are you passionate about developing E-commerce businesses and taking ownership?
We are looking for you!
A retail e-commerce business in Rotterdam that is now building its foundations in the Dutch market is looking for talented buyers who also know how to maintain good relationships with business partners.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies based on market knowledge and analysis, with the goal of providing the company's customers with the best products at amazing prices.
- Through supplier management, pricing strategies, forecasting, and inventory management, you'll ensure a lean and profitable product pipeline.
- Build long-term commercial relationships with brands and strategic partners, and in many cases you will introduce them to the company for the first time. You will maintain and nurture these partnerships.
- Work to continuously improve internal systems to ensure cost efficiency and compliance throughout the supply chain process.
A great permanent position in Rotterdam, with Competitive salary (70-100K per year, can be flexible depending on experience and seniority) and benefits package, including 25 days of annual leave and a 13th month, a quarterly bonus and a car allowance.
How we'll proceed. Within four working days we will let you know if you qualify for the position. We will schedule an introductory interview, either digitally or in-person. During this interview we will inform you as fully as possible about the vacancy, the company and the following steps in the procedure. After consulting with you, we will introduce you to our client and then continue to guide you through the application process. The Independent Recruiters Group has a large team of specialized recruiters. Each recruiter has a strong focus on their own area of expertise. This makes them the ideal sparring partner for both the candidate and the client.
* 5+ years of experience in buying/procurement/sourcing/category roles within the Japanese & Korean Food domain.
* A bachelor's degree.
* Ability to think strategically and act tactically. Full of passion and innovation.
* Excellent customer attention and interpersonal skills. You are a strong communicator and negotiator.
* Passion and understanding of wholesale, retail or e-commerce.
* Demonstrated record of taking ownership and overcoming obstacles.
* Cultural sensitivity in working with various stakeholders in the EMEA region.
* Full understanding of the Dutch food market and customer expectations.
As a member of the procurement and marketing team, you will have full ownership on your assigned department. You will have multiple responsibilities, from buying to merchandising - you will be fully responsible for the whole sales chain.
This is an on-site role in Rotterdam, which will also require frequent supplier visits around the country/region.