Junior Project Manager
Updated: 17 Jun 2022
We offer job opportunities in a fast-growing company with customers as enthusiastic as ourselves. Our company is Mr. Marine. We are the world’s largest service company for marine elevators (Mr. Elevator), and have started to provide services for ballast water treatment systems (Mr. Ballast) on all continents of the world. Our policy: we do it right, or we don’t do it at all.
As a Junior Project Manager, you will be working from our Rotterdam office, responsible for the successful completion of service, repair and modernization projects around the world. From start to the very end. Your colleagues are mostly based in Rotterdam, but you will also have daily contact with our people in Mexico, South Africa, Singapore, Panama, and Shanghai. Your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and coordinating projects
- Contact with customers, subcontractors, material suppliers, shipping agents, forwarders, port authorities
- Preparing proposals
- General project administration.
You will enter various Mr. Marine Academy training programmes to ensure your fast development within the company. Individual study hours and on-site training are part of the job.
- Bachelors/Master's degree, preferable in Engineering
- Planning wizz
- Experience in elevators and/or shipping is an advantage
- Good understanding of business English (knowledge of Dutch not needed)
- Team worker
- Quick learner, smart
- Eagerness for detail
- Independent, positive person able to handle stress (a lot happening at the same time)
- Thinking in solutions, not in problems
- Sense of humour, a fun colleague
Note: an EU passport or existing NL residence/working permit without restrictions is needed.
- Gross Salary of 2200 EUR / month for the first 6 months because we want to see your talent and potential! If we see a hard-working team player in you, you will receive a salary increase and promotion!
- 30 days of annual leave
- Company's laptop and cell phone
- Fully covered commuting from your home in the Netherlands to our office in Rotterdam
- Hybrid way of working (home/office)
- Possibility to work from abroad for a max of 13 weeks per year
- Participation in Mr. Marine Academy, courses and field visits
- Young international teams
- Mr. Marine events and team building events abroad
40 hours per week
In your brief motivation letter, please tell us about your passion, achievements and why you think you will be our next 'partner in crime'. We love to meet young and talented professionals even if they do not meet all listed requirements. If you already live in the Netherlands, we will invite you for an onsite interview day to our office, where you will meet with several Mr Marine team members including our CEO. And if you are ready, you will become a part of our team shortly after!