Doctor of Engineering (EngD) for an elastomer development for load lock gate valves.
Updated: 31 Jan 2023
The project objectives are to develop/select the best elastomer material and shape for the dynamic seals on the load lock gate valve that has extremely low particle generation. Part of the project is also to investigate the possible failure/particle generation mechanisms of elastomers.
The following tasks are part of the assignment:
- Create an overview of elastomeric materials used in semiconductor industries
- Create an overview of known failure mechanisms of elastomeric materials that can lead to particle generation or early failure
- Map most important material properties needed to meet the provided requirements
- If available, select readily available elastomer(s) for testing under relevant conditions
- If no existing elastomeric material suits the requirements, design and develop an elastomeric seal that meets the requirements
- Show the feasibility of the selected or developed seal designs by testing against provided requirements, with a focus on low particle generation
You should have :
- MSc graduate in Material Engineering in the field of rubber and interest in failure mechanisms
- strong analytical skills and good communication skills
- can-do mindset, the ambition and talent to find solutions/craft designs
- strong problem-solving abilities and out-of-the-box thinking
- very good communication and interpersonal skills, teamwork, self-initiative, self-motivation and capacity to deliver accurate work are equally appreciated
- professional command of English (at least level B2 (Cambridge or equivalent), both written and spoken) is mandatory.
- A very challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment.
- A tailor-made post-master design program that has an educational component (~50%) as well as a design project (~50%).
- On successfully completing the program, you will receive a certified and recognized degree. You will be entitled to use the academic degree EngD (Engineering Doctorate), and will be registered as a Technological Designer in the Dutch register kept by the Royal Institution of Engineers in the Netherlands (KIVI).
- A salary of € 2.089 gross per month.
- An annual holiday allowance of 8%
- An annual year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
38 - 40 hours per week