Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam Distributed Computing | Millions of users and 0 downtime | Heavy load systems | Build the future payment method | Up to 78.000 +trainingbudget
Updated: 14 May 2019
Your job: Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam Distributed Computing
- Would you like to work on heavily distributed systems that will process date of over 550 million people?
- Do you love to work with very smart, well-educated and fun software engineers?
- Do you love to have a say on the technical direction, architecture and evolving tech stack?
- How about scalability and performance issues and working with Java8, NoSQL, MicroServices, AWS, Docker, Event Sourcing and Kubernetes?
Then you have come to the right place!
Your employer: Be part of the company that in two years’ time everyone in Europe will be using!
Have you ever wanted to be part of a tech company just before everyone you know started to talk about them (and you had an impact in this effect)? This Fintech technology company is working hard to be the standard for over 550 million people throughout Europe. If you want to work on a system that matters, you have come to the right place!
This combines all the great things of a big company in a medium sized tech company! Crazily well-funded, very experienced tech savvy people, a proven business model, an amazing office location, eagerly awaiting customers, very modern tech stack with the flexibility of a small company like flexible working times, working from home possibilities and a lot that can still be improved decided on as the users increase exponentially and systems process ever increasing loads.
In two years’ time you and you teams will look back on an amazing journey. That is why we are now looking for senior java backend software engineers with experience in building heavy load systems to join this great success story!
Your role: Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam Distributed Computing
In your role as Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam Distributed Computing Computing you will be part of one of the various scrum teams, each working on one microservices (as they are moving away from being a monolith). Also there are chances to work on brand new services, as they are also currently being developed. The good thing is that you can grow your career with the company. As the system needs to be able to handle millions and millions of users in multiple countries with 0 downtime, you have you work cut out for you!
They are at the moment in a place where they are scaling up. Teams are being formed, new microservices are being built. So they need you to help your team in making hard technology and architectural choices, help improve scalability/performance and them to help your medior colleagues be all they can be. All while adhering to the most modern software engineering best practices.
Can you use DDD or Event Sourcing? How about using Kafka? How could that help? How can you build the best features and then keep on improving them after receiving ever more feedback from millions of users? All while adhering to the most strict security standards. These are things you can sink your teeth into!
What is required?
- 5+ years of professional java software engineering experience
- Multiple years of experience building scalable and highly performant systems
- A completes bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or similar would be preferred
- Experience with Spring Boot would be a plus
- Experience with REST AND Microservices is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL is a plus
- Experience with AWS, Docker or Kubernetes would be a plus
- Experience with Event Sourcing and/OR DDD is a plus
- Experience with automated testing and continuous delivery would be a plus
What is offered?
- Up to € between € 60.000 and € 78.000, based on knowledge, experience and added value
- + 5% of your annual wage allocated for training/courses/seminars
- 25 days, with the ability to buy 10 more
- Public transportation compensation
- Drinks on Friday
- Laptop or Macbook
- Great office facilities
- Located next to the train station so very easy to be reached!
- Being part of an amazing success story!
Are you a Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam Distributed Computing and do you want to work on heavy load systems, have amazing fun and your software to be used by hundreds of millions of people throughout Europe?
Then apply now via the form below or send your cv directly to Robert Hawker via email@example.com
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week