Temporary Asset Planner English
Updated: 26 Mar 2020
We are looking for an experienced temporary full time Asset Planner in Rotterdam, preferably has worked in chemicals/colors before and easily adapts and can deal with a certain level of ambiguity. For the replacement type of job we are really looking for someone that had multiple assignments on the planning( if possible central planning or a combination between planning and scheduling) and if possible with different type of business, good skills on the systems and experience with SAP- for the planning module. It is for the APS Supply & Asset Management department. The purpose of the job is to manage the production planning for the assets and import platforms to optimize and maintain the short term supply/demand balance, and optimize inventory levels. The candidate will coordinate response to operational issues and opportunities consistent with business strategy and constraints. He/she will primary business interface with sales, supply chain and manufacturing for short term execution and operational activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plans and manages allocated products from demand and supply process perspective (S&OP) to ensure the business meets agreed customer service targets at minimum operating cost and optimum stock levels.
- Establishes robust demand forecasts by utilizing relevant statistical tools and using market and sales information. Cooperates with sales, assets management, marketing, customer service personnel to deliver an accurate demand driven forecast plans. Reports on forecast accuracy.
- Defines and maintain stock strategies (MTS, MTO) and sourcing locations for allocated products.
- Defines and set parameters in ERP system allowing its functionality to run.
- Designs, develops and Implement tools and processes to standardize and improve efficiency of assets, customer service targets and inventory levels.
- Rebalancing supply and demand on individual product/asset level including back-up coordination between production sites.
- Coordination of raw material planning and purchasing between sites (captive).
- Acts as central point for local site scheduling.
- Contribution to continues improvement projects related to product/assets optimization
- Operational coordination and execution of tooling relationships.
- Works with IT and key process participants as needed.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in a supply chain or manufacturing environment,
- Preferably in the chemical sector.
- Excellent in English (spoken and written).
40 hours per week
International chemical company in the center of Rotterdam. Possible growth opportunities.