Hands-on Software Architect Java/Kotlin Haarlem | Technical leadership in the development of very tangible products with social utility| Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Cloud, Vert.X, React | Salary up to € 80.000,-
Updated: 02 Oct 2019
Vacancy: Hands-On Software Architect Java&Kotlin Haarlem Haarlem
- Do you also want to work on tangible products that add value for retailers, consumers and public transport safety on a daily basis?
- What do you think of working exclusively on greenfield long-term projects and all that 100% in-house with your own team?
- Do you enjoy working with passionate craftsmen who always have a strong focus on quality and modern technology?
- Do you enjoy working with technology such as, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Vert.X, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes and Elasticsearch, where you also have the opportunity to pick up React, VueJS and React Native?
Then read on!
Your employer: Socially relevant and tangible products are developed here 100% in-house
If you have travelled to work by public transport or you have bought something in the store or at the gas station, you are guaranteed to come across one of the many smart solutions from this software company. Blockchain, contactless payment, NFC, mobile devices; there is an increasing demand worldwide for these types of solutions and that is why they are growing steadily with this increasing demand.
Here they have been building high-availability, scalable and super-secure software products for many years. These are used 24/7 by thousands if not millions of people. These systems often run at the heart of our infrastructure, but they are always used outside of our national borders.
The work is mainly done from their beautiful office in Haarlem, which means that you almost always work well with your software colleagues based on Scrum. These are real craftsmen with a lot of passion for quality software. That way you can do a lot of sparring and work hard on your own development. Yet the culture here is very relaxed, open and no-nonsense with a good work life balance. And that is reflected in the pleasure and extremely low turnover.
Your job: Hands-On Software Architect Java & Kotlin Haarlem
As Hands-On Software Architect Java & Kotlin Haarlem you always work on long-term greenfield projects from your office in Haarlem. These are mainly high available systems that are often mission critical within the sector where they are developed. The systems often deal with large numbers of users, many events and transactions. The best security is therefore very important here.
As Hands-On Software Architect Java & Kotlin Haarlem you are responsible for a small group (4 to 6 people) of passionate craftsmen. Your task is to get people involved in your vision of how the product that you develop can best take shape for the customer. Here it is leading by example. You could think of building the first use cases, to substantiate your technical vision, because you are hands-on for a large part of your time. You are also the primary point of contact for customers and act as an advisor to them and help them decide how to continue to innovate.
Because you are always working on greenfield projects, you can work with the most modern technologies “for the job” and you can therefore spend a lot of time on architecture and design. But do you also think about planning and project design. That way you are constantly expanding your circle of influence.
The great thing is that you work for customers with whom there is always a long-term cooperation. People have already proven themselves and there is a lot of confidence. So you don’t have to prove yourself again. That way, you and your team can focus on building the best solution.
As a Hands-On Software Architect you can grow into the role of Principal Software Architect. As you increase your circle of influence more and more, you will get more and more responsibilities here. You could see that you are increasingly running your own development center. You are also responsible for presales and management.
What is needed?
- From 5 years of professional experience with JVM software development
- One year of experience in a similar position or responsibilities
- Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- Hungry to learn and passionate about delivering quality
- Technical HBO or WO work and thinking level
- Experience with Microservices and REST is an advantage
- Experience with Spring Boot is a plus
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is an advantage
- Experience with Reactive Programming or Security is a plus
- Experience with VueJS, React or React Native is a plus
- Experience with Cloud (AWS, Google), NoSQL and / or ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD and / or TDD is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary between € 70.000 and € 80.000 per year based on knowledge and experience
- Immediately an indefinite contract!
- Choose to work 32, 36 or 40 hours
- Full pension
- 27 vacation days
- Working 1 day from home
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile and laptop
- Daily lunch
- Training budget
- Travel expenses reimbursed
Do you enjoy working with highly skilled and passionate colleagues on very tangible and very useful solutions that are used daily by millions of people?
Respond quickly by sending your resume to Serge Warbout, via email@example.com or via the form here below.
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week