Postdoc position in theoretical/computational statistical physics
Updated: 18 Apr 2021
Research / Academic
We invite applications for a 2-year postdoc position in theoretical and computational statistical physics at Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands. The successful candidate will work on theory, simulation, and/or machine learning methods to advance our understanding of the glass transition. Depending on the candidate's preference, the project may focus on glassy behavior in supercooled liquids, but also on active and living matter. The starting date is flexible.The postdoc project will be carried out in the Non-Equilibrium Soft Matter group under the supervision of Dr. Liesbeth Janssen. The group is part of the Soft Matter and Biological Physics division at the Department of Applied Physics, and as such offers ample opportunities for collaborative research in theoretical, computational, and experimental soft matter.
Requirements:We are looking for a motivated candidate with
- a PhD degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Biophysics, or a related subject.
- affinity with statistical physics, computer simulations, and/or machine learning methods, as well as good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- the ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 2 years.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
38 hours per week
De Rondom 70