PhD-position at the Maastricht Sustainability Institute
Updated: 21 Apr 2021
We are looking for a candidate who has the competence and interest in working in a new and ambitious 4-year RVO project, ‘BIPV(T) geeft mooi energie!’, which is about an innovative and integrated renovation approach for a CO2 neutral built environment by realizing a programmatic chain approach for the renovation market. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team. The engineering partners of the project study the technical possibilities and the integration of BIPV(T) in the built environment. Your task is to study the social, economic and environmental factors that drive changes in these systems, with special attention to motivational aspects. Interviews, experiments and focus groups are the main methods for obtaining data, which is why we are looking for someone with experience with those methods. The work also involves an evaluation of impacts of BPIV at the level of a household, neighbourhood, businesses and the consequences for environmental sustainability.
The candidate will be working in a transdisciplinary team, led by Prof. René Kemp, based at Maastricht Sustainability Institute (MSI), Maastricht University. The candidate is expected to contribute to teaching activities at the department, taking max. 20% of his/her time. We offer a dynamic and challenging job in an internationally oriented organisation. MSI has strong collaborations with other institutes and departments at Maastricht University and elsewhere.
We are looking for:
- A self-driven, curious person with a strong interest in the energy transition and social innovation
- A critical and systematic thinker
- Someone who has a record of high academic achievement (e.g. good grades and master thesis, other research papers and/or involvement in other academic activities).
- A team player, who is also able to work independently.
- Eligible candidates must have successfully completed a Master in Sustainability Science, STS, business studies or innovation studies
- A candidate with a good competence in written and spoken Dutch and English.
- Strong collaborative and networking skills are desirable.
Remuneration will be according to standard salary levels for PhD students starting with a gross monthly salary of € 2.395,00 with a yearly growth to € 3.061,00 (based on a full-time appointment). Each year the standard salary is supplemented with a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
You should be willing to move to (the vicinity of) Maastricht.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
38 hours per week