Posted: 17 Oct 2022
Software Engineer (with passion for containers)
In your hybrid systems and software engineering role, you focus on the delivery of continuous improvements for our security services. Our multidisciplinary team consists of 10 engineers (internal and external) who guarantee the operation of various data leakage prevention systems and develop new functions and surrounding systems.
What you move?
You contribute to the continuous improvement and development of our security services. In doing so, you help us meet growing demand. You are responsible for the continuous development of surrounding systems (indexing, remediation) and improve environments. You help our stakeholders understand the operation of these systems and the requirements for their implementation. In parallel, your talents enable the team to continuously improve in the areas of cloud transformation, automation, and monitoring.
- Develop, test, and improve data and network security services
- Contribute to improving processes, automation, and tooling, so that systems operate with less human intervention
- Together with the team, you solve new technological challenges
- Meet with stakeholders and explain technical concepts concisely and understandably
- Expertise with container and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes or Docker
- Know-how in Linux on command-line level
- Very good self-organisation - you know how to manage your time and how to say no
- Very good skills in documenting and explaining your work
Nice to haves:
- Good knowledge of system design
- Experience with automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
- Ability to work in a fragmented environment
- Security oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task without losing yourself in it
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays