Medior Scala Developer Rotterdam | Reactive/Functional Product Development for a global audience | Scala, Akka, Kotlin, Heroku, CircleCI, Postgres, CI/CD | up to € 70.000
Updated: 08 Jul 2019
Vacancy: Medior Scala Developer Rotterdam
- Would you enjoy working on very tangible products that will be used by millions of people all over the world?
- Do you love to work within a modern software engineering environment where you release functionalities multiple time per day?
- Would you enjoy building reactive and data driven software while working with Scala, Kotlin, Akka, Kafka and Heroku?
- Do you love to work with very experienced colleagues so that every day you can spar and learn from each other?
Then wait no longer my friend, this is the job you have been waiting for!
Your employer: Very innovative products that will impact hundreds of millions of people all over the world
This 100% technology company is working on various industrial high impact products that have the potential to revolutionise one of the most important industries of the world. Think real time, heavy load, data driven systems. If you love to work on systems that have a great impact, you have come to the right place!
Here you can plug into a very mature software engineering environment led by some of the most experienced engineering working in the Netherlands on topics like event sourcing, microservices, and reactive & functional programming. Multiple autonomous software engineering teams are currently working on various products (in various stages of development), shipping to production multiple times per day!
Some of the biggest companies on the planet have already shown their interest in these products and some are even in production, while continuously being optimised. Working here means working within a continuous learning environment with solid engineers, very modern technology, lots of room for courses, trainings and going to seminars, a very inspirational office overlooking all of Rotterdam while working on very tangible systems/products that have a global impact.
Your role: Medior Scala Developer Rotterdam
In your role as Medior Scala Developer Rotterdam you will get to work in one of the multiple autonomous Scala teams, each dedicatedly working on one of the innovative products. You will be working closely all disciplines respond to user/client feedback and best the best features. As their roadmap is packed for the coming years you are looking forward to an action packed ride in which you can still really make an impact.
As teams are autonomous there is a lot of freedom to together choose what works best for you. Also, as you are moving within a blue ocean (no real competitors) there still is a lot of room to experiment and build cool new features to the new clients/requirements coming in.
Growth perspective as Medior Scala Developer Rotterdam:
As here there is a lot invested in you and you are working with some of the best engineers. You will have to chance to grow into senior backend engineer and even hands on software architect. Also you can always switch between products and teams which is why you can both work with a Kotlin and Scala stack.
What is required?
- A minimum of 2 years of professional development experience using a JVM language
- Experience with Scala and a passion for working with it more!
- Technical BSc or MSc degree, or similar working level
- Experience with Akka streams or Akka typed is a plus
- Eager to learn, grow and spar with other colleagues
- A DevOps mindset (writing and running your own code)
- Experience within a microservices environment is a big plus
- Experience with AWS or Heroku is a plus
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Delivery & test automation is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 45.000 and € 68.000 gross per year
- The possibility to work part-time and fulltime
- 100% paid pension
- Travelling costs compensated
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome office with great facilities
- Annual training budget to visit seminars, conferences and do courses
- Macbook or Laptop
Are you interested in doing functional programming with Scala and make a big global impact within multiple very data driven real time products?
Apply now via the form below or send your resume to Robert Hawker via firstname.lastname@example.org
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week