Cloud Platform Engineer (Databases)
Posted: 09 Nov 2022
Cloud Platform Engineer (Databases)
You are a database specialist, fascinated by cloud computing and paving the way for others at scale. With this mindset, you are an ideal fit for us!
What you move?
You work in an internal and geographically distributed team with cultural diversity and interact with other DevOps engineers and product owners. You play a vital role in our agile DevOps team. With your passion for databases, be it SQL or NoSQL, you take Swisscom's internal cloud platform to the next level.
In an agile environment, you are responsible for the implementation of platform-level capabilities of iAWS - Swisscom's well-architected AWS Landing Zone. Your focus lies on database services which means that you are responsible for making all sorts of AWS database services an out-of-the-box, one-click deployment experience for the Swisscom internal users of AWS. It requires you to have experience in using these services over an extended period and know the lifecycle of a database in all its details (creation, backup+restore, major version upgrades, scaling, key rotation, decommissioning). As a platform engineer, you embrace Infrastructure as Code to achieve your goals. With your proven expertise in the field of SQL and NoSQL databases in particular, you complement the team optimally. This team belongs to the "Shared Enabling and Platform Services" tribe, which is the Shared Service organization in Swisscom. Thanks to you, we can offer AWS as a fully-integrated, secure and compliant self-service platform to all Swisscom internal DevOps teams.
In your daily work, you will get in touch with the following tools and technologies. The more you are already familiar with the better. Everything else you will learn on the job:
- AWS Services: VPC, Route53, KMS, EFS, EBS, CloudWatch, Secrets Manager, Service Catalog, CDK / CloudFormation, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Amazon Aurora, Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon Neptune, Amazon Timestream
You have been working in AWS for 4 years and hold one or more of these specific certifications:
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
Master's Degree (M.Sc.) or Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc.) with comparable experience in Computer Science
- Excellent problem-solving skills to develop quick and sound solutions that resolve complex issues
- Team-oriented, very adaptable, a flair for continuous improvement
- Very good English, German is a plus
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays