Data Engineer - Global distributor
Updated: 25 Aug 2021
Global IT is to provide all off our clients entities the functionality and information systems they need to drive their businesses. IT teams in APAC, EU and NA region arrange for the technology and the support to deploy these systems for all entities they represent in their region; either on behalf of or through a local IT representation.
The BI Competence Centre is part of Group IT. The BI specialist will be part of the BI competence team.
The Data Engineer will report to the Manager of the BI competence centre.
The specialist will act as the BI teams linking pin with the internal stakeholders, both business and IT related as well as to external parties re their data platform.
Job responsibilities Data Engineer
Reporting, Data management and Analyses: (Support / BI Consultant)
- Managing and designing the environment for reporting and data analytics, including data sources, security, and metadata and align with IT colleagues data and related processes.
- Contributing to and empowering the master data management process
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new or further development of current systems.
- Participating in projects
- Developing dashboards, analysis environments or platforms and implement related tooling
- Evaluating changes, upgrades and updates to production environments.
Advisory: (BI Consultant)
- Align with business stakeholders reporting, management information and related requirements
- Support and advise the Manager BI
- Contribute to annual IT business plans and initiatives described herein
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining and data cleansing and data analytics
Support / training: (Support / BI Consultant)
- Training and providing support to key users and other stakeholders on new functionalities and datasets capabilities when they become available for them.
Job requirements Data Engineer
Knowledge / skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and or demonstrated experience as a BI specialist, data analyst or data scientist with order to sales, procure to pay and equivalent processes in a commercial and (preferably) international environment.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to discuss opportunities as well as to assess potential risks.
- Experience with projects implementations and 3rd party services provisioning related to BI, AI and DWH
- Ability to analyze and deploy existing tools and (open) data sources preferably experiences with SQL databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Hands on experiences with modern platforms, tools, techniques and methodologies related to BI, AI and DWH, preferably Snowflake, Pentaho and Power-BI or equivalent.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Understanding and addressing of metadata standards.
- Note: "candidate must be in possession of an EU working permit"
- Lovely office based in Rotterdam
- Comprehensive salary package including
- For more information about the role, feel free to give me a call or message me via LinkedIn.
Telephone number: 06 22 41 27 37
- Sector Distribution / Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Our client is a speciality distributor providing innovative solutions for our customer's success. The BI competence team that is part of Group IT is regarded as the data distributor to provide innovative solutions to internal stakeholders to drive their business efficient and effective.
Our client has entities operating globally in APAS, EU and NA regions, utilizing several ERP and CRM systems fueling a centralized SAAS based Data Platform (Snowflake). It's this Data Platform that enables Management to utilize self-service BI and visualization tooling in order to manage, control and direct it's business.
- The BI specialist enables stakeholders to measure their performance and provides them with pre processed data to facilitate them in creating clear dashboards and reports in to allow analyzing and predicting business performance. Asking the right questions, challenging and educating business owners to have and adhere to a data driven approach and to proactively act upon data insights is part of key accountability of the role.
- In order to achieve this, the BI specialist is responsible for collecting and integrating data from both internal and external sources, as well as to manage and control the data platform environment to ensuring data sanity and data complete availability.
- The BI specialist leads and/or assists with data integration as well as data provisioning related projects when necessary and implements technologies and tools when needed to help us creating a data driven business that will enable our growth.
- Furthermore the BI specialist will assist and contribute to the strategic objective to enable digital business eg establishing an environment that will allow for (monetizing) data exchange, 3rd party data provisioning and market intelligence to improve and expand our customer engagements.