Online Content Internship
Updated: 04 Nov 2022
What you’ll be doing
- Writing new and inspiring travel content for our websites, Eurail.com and Interrail.eu, as well as our magazine
- Creating layouts for new web pages
- Finding and optimising images for the magazine and websites
- Reviewing and rewriting current content
- Researching travel destinations
- Contributing to content ideas and brainstorms
- Working in a cross-functional way to support different areas of the organisation
Please note: This is a practical internship, not a research internship.
You are the Online Content Intern we are looking for if you have the following characteristics:
- You are a Bachelor’s or Masters student in Marketing, Communications, Creative Writing, or a related field or you are eligible for an internship
- You are available for a minimum of 5 months and can start in February
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You’re eager to learn about content optimisation
- You’re an active writer and might have your own blog or other online channel
- You’re Internet-savvy
- You love travelling
- You’re proactive, full of new ideas, and able to share and discuss them with your colleagues
- You’ll feel at home in a scale-up environment, where we work together in a professional yet informal manner
- With your drive and focus, you are accustomed to getting results
- Prior experience with content management systems (like WordPress or Foleon) is a big plus!
- A generous Internship allowance, as well as a commute allowance and paid time off.
- A free global travel pass for you and a companion, so you can explore Europe with your family or friends and share the same experiences as our customers.
- You have the flexibility to manage where and when you work, with our hybrid way of working. Whether you need collaborative, quiet or social time, either face-to-face or online, everything is possible, but keep in mind that is necessary to come to the office some days per week.
- Monthly Borrels
- The opportunity to make a visible contribution, working in an agile way within your team and across the company.
40 hours per week
We advocate for the positive impact travelling can have in the world. We are Eurail and we have all the stops to take our customers’ curiosity further. To be more precise: there are more than 30,000 destinations in Europe ready to be discovered with one Pass.
If we are going to inspire the world, then we need the right people around us. We are proud of our culture at Eurail. We're a diverse team (49 nationalities!) of talented and passionate colleagues who have a real curiosity for the world around them. We like thinkers and do-ers, and people that ask a lot of questions.
We strive to ensure that all of our people have the chance to innovate, influence and grow. With our international and passionate team (based in Utrecht and working from home), we believe that creative thinking and diversity help to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique and repeatable experience for our customers.
Curious to Apply?
- If you cry out “that’s me!”, please let us know in your application when you are available to start, for how long, and if you need to carry out a research thesis along your internship.
- Preferred start date: 1st of February
- Apply directly via our website (https://eurail.com/en/careers).
- Please submit a motivational letter and resume in English (our business language)
- Do you have a blog or you just love writing? We'd love to see some of your work, so don't hesitate to share your website or your (online) portfolio in your application!
- To show off your skills, we may also ask you to complete a short assessment as part of the process
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications via Indeed or other recruitment websites, as these sites bypass our recruitment system, which is in place to ensure compliance with GDPR and our inclusion and diversity policy.
If we feel you might be a good fit, the next step is a fairly informal interview with some of your potential new team members. For you, this is helpful to understand if Eurail is your ideal workplace, and for us, it tells us more about the value you would bring.