Postdoc ISPT project circular plastics
Updated: 08 Aug 2020
We are hiring a post-doc within a large international project on recycling of plastics (website: https://ispt.eu/clusters/circular-plastics/). The post-doc will work on the pyrolysis of plastic waste, in particular the establishment of feedstock – process conditions – product relations. The project starts off with experiments at g scale, followed by tests at 1 kg/h scale and ends with pilot runs at ~ 100 kg/h with selected feedstocks.
You have a PhD in chemical engineering, or in a closely related discipline, preferably with a background in pyrolysis and a high motivation for sustainability. You have strong communication and organizing skills, including fluency in written and spoken English. You are enthusiastic, and highly motivated to do research.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Potential applicants are encouraged to apply through the application button at the bottom of this page.
Your applications ideally consist of the following documents:
- A motivation letter describing why you want to apply for this position.
- Description of your research interests.
- A detailed CV including a list of your publications
- Email addresses of at least two references who are willing to send a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
For more information about the position you can contact:
Prof. dr. Sascha Kersten, e- mail firstname.lastname@example.org
inWe want you to play a key role in an ambitious project in an inspiring and stimulating international work environment. We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating, modern research environment with world-class research facilities. You will have an employment contract for the duration of 1.5 years, with extension possible under mutual agreement, and you are eligible for all employee benefits the UT offers:
- A gross salary between € 3.353- and € 4.402,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications;
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual end of year bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs. You will be embedded in a dynamic research group with colleagues working on similar topics. Additionally, the UT is a green campus with excellent facilities and resources for professional and personal development.
- We strive for diversity and fairness in hiring.
38 hours per week