Postdoc positions on Convergence for Health and Technology projects
Updated: 07 Feb 2020
Today, society faces major challenges, including climate change, pollution, lack of education, unemployment, and providing security, well-being and health(care) to all. To address these challenges, it is important to converge different disciplines to provide entirely new solutions and enhanced capabilities.Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Erasmus MC and Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) have the ambition to become a worldwide frontrunner in convergence by:
- Shaping the field of convergence, including the exploration of new research fields,
- Eucating the next generation of professionals on the intersection of technology, medical sciences, economy and management, attracting students worldwide;
- Developing new business opportunities, supporting big transformations in health(care), and bringing new innovative solutions to society and its citizens globally.
As a first step towards this ambition, all parties concerned have adopted a convergence strategy for health(care) and technology. To kickstart the implementation of this convergence strategy, attract convergence talent and connect research groups to our institutes, we have created 34 vacancies for post-doctoral researchers within 17 two-year projects (2 postdocs per project, 1 from TU Delft and 1 from Erasmus MC).
We seek Postdocs with different backgrounds, including researchers with a basic science, engineering, design, biomedical or clinical background. Please visit the convergence website https://convergence.healthandtechnology.nl for details on each project. The Flagships projects are:
In the field of Nanobiology and Molecular Medicine:
- Sub-cellular biopsy: a key technology advancing fundamental knowledge for effective cancer treatment
- Single-cell discovery of molecular mechanisms and biomarkers for targeted proton therapy (oral squamous cell carcinoma)
- Inferring the cellular and molecular complexity of health and disease from liquid biopsies using advanced computational modelling
- Generating tissues by designing the cellular microenvironment In the field of Health Data Science
In the field of Biomedical Imaging:
- Quantitative Susceptibility MRI: Deep insights in cardio- and neurovasculature
- Deeping Imaging of Electro-Mechanics
- Imaging Genetics for Osteoarthritis
- Broad spectrum, high precision theranostic cancer therapy
In the field of Smart Surgery and Interventions:
- Combining the smart knife with augmented reality
- Precision diagnostics of cartilage load in knee osteoarthritis
- Endovascular thrombectomy
- Clinicians Controlling Rehabilitation Technology
In the field of Health Data Science:
- Patient-data tracking, collection and modelling
- Architecting a scalable and secure database for patient-data
- Data analytics & decision making
In the field of ethics for the convergence of health and technology:
Being able to present a certificate of good conduct, a valid proof of identity, diploma's and/ or relevant registration such as BIG/ RGS are conditions for the appointment.
The gross monthly salary ranges from € 3.389 to € 4.274 depending on your level of education and relevant experience and based on a full-time workweek. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreements of the participating institutes.
36 - 38 hours per week