Updated: 02 Dec 2021
- You will manage the EMEA production facility in Rotterdam area with potential to oversee global operations, the day-to-day activities and have responsibility for safety, quality, manufacturing, maintenance, inventory levels and process engineering.
- Develop a continuous improvement approach utilizing lean manufacturing principles and six sigma methodologies.
- Develop annual operating budget to meet company and plant objectives in line with the long-range plans for the company and global operations. Monitors and controls expenses, inventory waste and variance, equipment needs, partner and temporary staffing levels, overtime and throughput to attain annual budget improvement targets.
- Interface with sales, demand planning and supply chain to manage inventory and improve costs and lead-times.
- Manage the manufacturing process assigning production people, maintenance, quality to improve service, cost and quality;
- Works with the plant management team to prioritize work and establishes relationships with other plant operations to ensure learn and share best practices.
- Select, develop, evaluate and motivate employees. Lead by example; communicating job expectations, training, initiating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Propose investments to increase capacity, to improve safety, environment, quality, efficiency and reduce costs.
- Ensure all safety and environment procedures and policies are followed. Responsible for ensuring exceptional standards of EHS and Quality, including certification of the new standards.
- You will directly report into the Managing Director of the Business Unit, managing directly & indirectly a team of ~50 FTE with a significantly larger scope when overseeing global operations.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years experience as plant manager or similar in a manufacturing and production environment.
- Strong affinity with Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or in the Metalworking industry (preferred).
- Successful experience in creating, leading and motivating teams.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written as oral.
- Strong experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems
- Excellent remuneration package
- Company culture with an informal atmosphere
- Room to take ownership and drive the business
- Personal development
About the company:
A multinational company, headquartered in the US with ~4000 employees worldwide. Clear mission statement driving a sustainable future, strong growth and healthy bottom-line performance.