Assistant Professor of Accounting (tenure track)
Updated: 24 Nov 2021
As an assistant professor you will be part of the accounting group of the Department of Economics and Business Economics at the Nijmegen School of Management (NSM). The position includes both research and teaching. You will be expected to conduct high-quality and original research in accounting preferably with an interest in the relationships between accounting and AI and accounting and sustainability. This position is expected to result in a series of high-quality publications. The Nijmegen School of Management explicitly encourages inter-disciplinary research in which accounting research is studied from various perspectives, including philosophy of mind and action and neuroscience. You will further be expected to provide high-quality courses in accounting and economics at the Bachelor's and Master's levels, and to supervise Bachelor's and Master's theses.
- You hold or shortly expect to obtain a PhD degree in accounting, business administration, auditing, economics, psychology/decision sciences or a related field.
- You are highly motivated and have the potential to build a record of excellence in both research and teaching in accounting, AI, sustainability, behavioural accounting or a related field.
- You have an excellent record in academic teaching, as evidenced by good teaching evaluations, and a willingness to obtain a university teaching qualification within the first 4 years of the contract.
- You should have working papers or potential revise-and-resubmits, or have published articles in leading international journals in the field of accounting or a related field.
- Experience with the acquisition of research funding will also be valued.
- You have excellent English language skills in oral and written communication. Dutch language skills would be an advantage but are not required.
- A temporary employment for 6 years (tenure track), leading to a tenured position, at least assistant professor 1, depending on academic performance.
- Employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,807 and a maximum of €5,211 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief by which 30% of their salary is tax free.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
38 hours per week