2 Assistant Professors in Economics (tenure track)
Updated: 24 Nov 2021
The Department of Economics and Business Economics at the Nijmegen School of Management seeks to hire two assistant professors in Economics (tenure-track). As an assistant professor you will be part of the Department of Economics and Business Economics of the Nijmegen School of Management (NSM). The position includes both research and teaching tasks. You will primarily be expected to conduct high-quality research in economics and related fields with a link to the department’s guiding topic of Responsible Governance of Sustainable Economic Behaviour and to one or more sustainable development goals in particular. Expertise in the areas of organizational economics, environmental economics, development economics, and/or institutional economics would be an advantage. You will further be expected to provide high-quality courses in economics at the Bachelor’s and Master‘s levels, and to supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s theses.
- You have, or are close to completion of, a PhD degree in economics, business economics or a related field.
- You are highly motivated and have the potential to build a record of excellence in both research and teaching in economics, preferably environmental economics, organizational economics or a related field.
- An excellent record in academic teaching, as evidenced by good teaching evaluations, and a willingness to obtain the Junior University Teaching Certificate within the first four years of the contract.
- With regard to research, you should have working papers or potential revise-and-resubmits, or have published publications in leading international journals.
- Experience with the acquisition of research funds is valued as well.
Excellent English language skills in oral and written communication; Dutch language skills can be an advantage but are not required.
Radboud University has a strong track record in promoting female scholars to leadership positions, and we therefore especially welcome applications from women who fit the above profile.
- Employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,807 and a maximum of €5,211 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief by which 30% of their salary is tax free.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 6 years (tenure track), leading to a tenured position, assistant professor 1, depending on academic performance.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
38 hours per week