Senior Structural Design Engineer
Updated: 22 Nov 2020
Do you have what it takes to design the top notch off heavy mechanical lifting structures? Are you looking for a company that has a keen eye for market developments and a focus on innovation?
Do you have experience as a structural design engineer? Then we are looking for you
As Senior System Design Engineer you are involved in designing and calculating heavy mechanical hoisting structures, from the very start of the sales process. You are intensively involved in determining, calculating and simulating mechanical engineering solutions. You will be the interface between all the engineering disciplines by combining concepts, calculations, theory and practical experiences.
With the office and workshop in Zaandam you have the opportunity to experience the entire process up close, from designing to building the cranes and equipment, which ensures an ultimate collaboration between all departments.
Your task will include:
- Calculating the complete interplay of forces on the structure;
- Power, fatigue and failure calculations of the complete structure;
- Realizing 3D dynamic simulations and FEM calculations;
- Determining the assignment, planning and budget;
- Converting technical specifications into geometry and capabilities of the complete system;
- Realizing static and dynamic system simulations for dimensioning components;
- Using creativity to realize innovative solutions;
- Identifying new developments and methods in the work field;
- Creating concept and Basic design from new equipment;
- Technical elaboration of calculations drawings and designs.
Salary indication is based on your working experience and level of seniority. Depending on your experience it will be between €3300 and €5400,- gross a month.
Requirements:* A Bachelor's degree (HBO) or Master's degree (WO) in Offshore Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or comparable direction; * At least 3 years of work experience in heavy machine building; * Insight into hoisting and lifting techniques; * Knowledge and experience with FEM; * Knowledge and experience with MATLAB; * Knowledge of offshore crane standards such as EN, ABS, API, DNV, Lloyd's; * You are a current EU visa holder or have a EU citizenship.
The company has designed the most groundbreaking cranes and hoisting systems. With a keen eye for market developments and a focus on innovation, the company has become a trusted supplier and service provider of customer-specific cranes and equipment for the worldwide offshore oil & gas, wind energy, harbor & bulk handling and navy & defense industries.