Updated: 23 May 2020
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the accounting function for Benelux operations to ensure that accurate, timely financial data, is available for the Controller and business managers. The role is primarily centered around the manufacturing location in Hengelo as well as the service/warehousing facilities in Belgium and France.
The Accounting Manager under general supervision, is responsible for:
1. Coordinate closing of financial modules;
2. Prepare and post journal entries;
3. Maintain GL (General Ledger) integrity;
4. Review and analyze GL for accuracy;
5. Perform monthly budget variance analysis;
6. Monthly reconciliations;
7. Reconciliation and consolidation or results into HFM (planning system);
8. Management of subledgers;
9. He/she will act in the name and in behalf of the Company according to the powers granted and listed on special proxies;
10. Maintains the company's accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets;
11. Perform other duties, as assigned.
A formal Accounting qualification (HBO Finance & Control BE of AC), 2-5 years of experience working in an international manufacturing company. Good understanding of financial controls. Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Standards. Experience with MS Office, SAP, Oracle, EDI and Elvy is preferable.
Skills & Abilities:
Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to work effectively with different cultures and business climates and to work remotely from the locations being serviced. Must be able to work well across reporting relationships, geographies and functions, in a matrix arrangement (across solid and dotted lines). Must have good computer skills. Teamplayer, entrepreneurial and ability to work on own direction. Ability to work under pressure.
You must be willing to travel: domestically and internationally. And must be willing to work diligently during peak work periods, e.g., budgets, ends of quarters, close periods, acquisitions, etc.
40 hours per week
The company is a resource- and technology-based company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The Company has four reportable segments: Performance Materials, Specialty Minerals, Refractories and Energy Services. They are located at Moerdijk, nearby Dordrecht, Rotterdam, Roosendaal and Breda.