Technical Writer | English
Updated: 29 Apr 2021
What will you do?
- Simplifying complex technical information into an "easy to read" format .
- Creating emails that improve email engagement and grab attention.
- You will be working closely in their customer integrated application in which you will be responsible for implementing the way the technical information is communicated to the end users.
- Writing release notes for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Maintaining a SharePoint page and various documents for internal use.
- Convey the companies tone of voice in your writing.
- Reviewing the work from your team and providing feedback.
- English is your first language, both in written and spoken. You must have an excellent level of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar position which includes creating technical documents.
- Detail oriented, team player, creative thinker and independent.
- Prior experience in writing manuals.
- You have prior experience or are highly interested in technical shipping management.
- Experience with Git and "Docs like code"practices and tools.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio with a history in technical writing.
- You are independent and able to take responsibility on multiple tasks at the same time.
- You are currently based in the Netherlands and live in or near Hoofddorp. Candidates living abroad will unfortunately not be considered.
- Start date: ASAP
- You will be working from home in the start (due to Covid) and occasionally to meet the team in the office (In the future: you must be able to commute to their office in Hoofddorp)
- Full time position 39.5 hours Monday - Friday
- The salary is negotiable, all depending on experience
- This will be a 12 month contract based on full- time
About the company:Our client is a recognized world wide shipping company. Their office is located in Hoofddorp. You will be working with 5 different departments in which you will be in contact with around 10-13 people internally. The company has a flat organization and is multi cultural.