Customer Service Specialist - German Speaking
Updated: 11 Nov 2022
Join a team that’s passionate about creating and fostering partnership. With careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We love to learn and collaborate. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company.
-Employing 36,500 individuals
-Across 109 manufacturing sites
-In over 31 countries
Our customer service team is an “empowered team” that manages the order portfolio of a defined set of customers with whom they build and maintain strong relationships. Located at Diamond Center in Terneuzen (NL) – a recently constructed building designed to inspire 1,100 employees of over 50 different nationalities to bring innovative solutions to Europe, Africa, Middle East, and India - our team is passionate about helping our customers in the region and collaborating closely with functional partners (Manufacturing, Marketing & Sales, Supply Chain, Logistics, etc.).
By helping our customers compete and grow, we ensure our own growth and success. Do you see yourself becoming a Dow ambassador while exceeding the customer expectations and experience in an environment of inclusion, diversity, and integrity?
We make diversity and inclusion a priority—because sharing our perspectives and building on each other’s ideas will drive innovation.
Whether it’s a question or a doubt about a specific product, the first thing you will be asked to do is listen. What does your customer love? How can we to best meet their needs? What solutions can we provide? With the aim of our tools and technologies and your excellent communication skills in German and English, you’ll be able to listen to their diverse perspectives, clear their doubts, coordinate their requests with the Dow Supply Chain and Logistics Teams, and find a solution to the customers’ challenges. Every day you will feel motivated by overcoming obstacles and managing conflict to reach agreements.
You drive the following tasks:
- Execute the order entry process and take the ownership of the order fulfillment process for a given business or group of businesses and customers with a high degree of complexity
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the businesses’ products, businesses, applications, and service offerings
- Strengthen customer intimacy by developing solid relationships, analyzing customer needs, and gathering market intelligence
- Coordinate activity at assigned customer accounts, proactively address issues, and implement solution
- Maintain service levels according to business priorities
- Differentiate between customer requirements and Dow capabilities
- Choose the best and cost-effective solution for Dow and our customers
- Impact the company’s success by helping determine the commercial strategies with our customers across multiple businesses
- Come up with sustainable solutions to make a positive impact in our road to 2050 carbon zero footprint
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification
- Being proficient in German and English
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Relocation Support
40 hours per week
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
DOW's Portfolio :
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:
- Plastics: With new technology trends, our plastic additives can be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and high-efficiency lubricants.
- Industrial intermediates: As the product of a reaction that is beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product, industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction, adhesives and lubricants, and more.
- Coatings: Whether it’s a water-based coating or solvent-based coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics, and sustainability.
- Silicone businesses: Our silicone-based materials can withstand more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
- Sign in or create your account.
- Make sure your resume is accessible. Easily link your LinkedIn Profile to load your resume when logging into apply.
- What can we accomplish together? Apply to find out!