Junior PR Manager BeNeLux
Updated: 16 Sep 2019
We're looking for a motivated and driven Junior PR Manager Benelux (m/f/d) who will help us tell the exciting story of FlixBus in The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. In close cooperation with your colleagues at the FlixBus Benelux office in Amsterdam and the Corporate Communications department at FlixMobility headquarters in Munich you will develop exciting narratives, extend our network with relevant journalists, and help us to paint the world green.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You perform research and market analysis regarding FlixBus in the Dutch, Belgian and Luxembourg market from a PR perspective
- You support the local Managing Director and the international PR team defining strategy and monthly action plan of PR activities
- You build and regularly update press, blogs, media databases
- You cultivate strong working relationships with media, bloggers and influencers
- You create press releases and briefings on national and regional level
- You organize press events, media sessions for print, TV/radio, new media, etc.
- You schedule and coordinate potential press events as well as coordinate interviews
- You monitor all Benelux media, blogs and prepare monthly media reports and KPIs
- You work cross-functionally with different departments, e.g. marketing, business development, and operations
- You keep your head cool in crisis situations or when confronted with issue topics. Together with the international team you formulate the right reactions for media and public
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Ideally 1 to 2+ years of experience in communications or public relations
- You hold a BA/BS degree or similar, in communications, journalism or public relations; Master’s degree a plus
- Relevant (work) experience with travel, tourism and/or startup ecosystem topics would be appreciated
- Strong media contacts in the Benelux are a plus
- Experience or affinity with lifestyle and human interest journalism is a plus
- You can multitask, juggling several priorities at the same time
- You don’t get discouraged when faced with negative stories and you manage to let the positive ones shine even brighter
- Cool under pressure - you are able to effectively solve crisis situations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are creative, committed, take initiative and have a performance driven mindset
- Native level Dutch with excellent oral and written communication skills and fluent in English. French skills are a plus.
Our Perks – More than just a job
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, a Swapfiets, a casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
FlixMobility is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.