Senior SRE Engineer Amsterdam | Global Impact for Real-Time Data Analytics for Global Research | AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux, Monitoring | €90,000
Updated: 13 Dec 2022
Your job: Senior SRE Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you have a lot of SRE knowledge and do you want to help this organization with global impact to shape a new SRE team?
- Are you a real SRE Engineer and do you want the most important systems up and running within a Cloud Native environment?
- And how about great benefits such as 7-hour workdays, flexible working hours, work from home options, stock purchase plan, unlimited courses, and 10 self-development days?
Your employer: Thought Leader in superior data quality that empowers better decision making on a global scale
This Tech Powered Thought Leader empowers key figures within the global science, medical research, and government field to make the best decisions they can, through advanced real-time insights. They sit on a treasure trove of data and have some of the most advanced data teams on the face of the planet. Here you can look forward to challenging technical work as well as adding to the further development of the human race!
Due to continuous demand for their data products they are investing heavily in continuous improvements. Hiring more great engineers to join, moving to a microservices setup, removing technical depth, and continuously enhancing the features of their market-leading product to be able to answer questions that have not even been asked yet. So you can really impact the end results, and deliver high quality software you can be proud of!
Working here means you are part of something special! Both in sense of the impact, you have on the planet as well as being part of their culture. On top of that you get solid benefits: 10 self-development days per year, flexible working hours, very flexible working from home possibilities, buying stocks with a discount, big training budgets, free gym and discount on health insurance as well as a discount on electronics for personal use.
Your role: Senior SRE Engineer Amsterdam
In your role as Senior SRE Engineer Amsterdam, you will be part of a highly motivated autonomous SRE team. Together with your team, you ensure that all products continue to run reliably, you are part of a new team to be formed with a focus on SRE. As a Senior SRE Engineer, you act as an individual contributor and you help other engineers to get the best out of themselves, engineering culture, and knowledge sharing (or even get on stage if you want)!
More than 2 million highly complex queries on the platform mean that an immense amount of data has to be processed in parallel. That is why continuous scaling and caching are of fundamental importance and you ensure that everything continues to run reliably within the AWS Cloud! In addition, you will work in one of the autonomous squads and you will work on the most challenging parts of product development. You help the product teams with setting up CI/CD pipelines, developing Kubernetes clusters, and automating the infrastructure with Terraform.
Because the Amsterdam teams are growing quickly, you have the opportunity to quickly grow into different Architect, Manager, or Management roles. Furthermore, changing teams within the organization is no problem at all. This variation allows people to learn more, work longer and never get bored.
What is required?
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Developer or System Engineer
- Excellent experience with AWS.
- Experience with Monitoring and SRE
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with infra as Code such as Terraform
- A technical bachelor’s or master’s degree or comparable work and thinking level
- Kubernetes experience is a plus
What is offered?
- Between €75,000 and €90,000 based on knowledge and added value
- 7-hour workdays!
- Flexible working hours + home working options
- Share purchase plan with 10% discount
- 5% discount on health insurance
- Discount on Dell and Apple products
- Solid pension
- €100 per month for your home office
- Access to over 400 workouts, videos, and books
- Various online management and leadership development programs + career scans
- Opportunity to participate in the career roadshow twice a year
- 27 vacation days per year
- 10 extra days for self-development
- disability insurance
- 2 days a year for volunteering
- 16 weeks maternity leave
- 4 weeks informal care leave
- Free fitness facilities in the Amsterdam office
- 1x per sparkling New Year’s Eve party
- Be able to take 3 to 6 months of unpaid sabbatical every 5 years
As a Senior SRE Engineer Amsterdam, do you want to monitor and run a real-time data product in the Cloud that is used by key figures around the world?
Then apply directly via the form below or send your CV to me, via [email protected]
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week