Senior Java Software engineer Big Data Amsterdam | The innovator in the field of hyper-intelligent Data Driven Systems & Products | Java11, Spring boot, microservices, Cloud, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark | Salary up to €90.000 + 5% ...
Updated: 07 Jun 2022
Vacancy: Senior Java Software engineer Big Data Amsterdam
- Do you have experience building scalable systems with Java (microservices/Cloud)?
- Would you like to work on smart, data-driven and new build systems/Products?
- Do you prefer to work with super Intelligent, open, fun and enthusiastic colleagues?
- Would you like to get started with the technology Elasticsearch, Kafka, Spark and Kubernetes?
Then you’ve arrived at the right place, read on!
Your employer: The innovator in the field of hyper-intelligent Data Driven Systems & Products
In today’s time, it is impossible for large organizations to ignore the added value of data-driven/smart Big Data Systems. It is all around us and is still growing tremendously fast. The core of these systems is often a clever combination of Artificial intelligence (Deep & Machine Learning) & Software engineering. This Amsterdam Tech company is the leading company where greenfield systems and products from scratch are being developed for the captains of industry from O. A The Sectors food & beverage, fashion and Energy, Care & well-being.
One of the few techtechnologyCompanies in the region of science has been able to combine Data Engineering & Software Engineering. In multidisciplinary teams, the smartest minds from the region work together on alternating and mainly greenfield projects/product of the most complex data-driven issues you can imagine. Your brains will be cracked here!
There is also increasing investment in the development of own products, which has proved to be a hit. With a number of successful products that still require years of development, this is a nice long-term challenge. This success means that they continue to grow very healthy. Working here means a continuous mix of great ideas, fun and fulfilment and is working daily on the boundary of what automation can do for humanity.
They all too well understand that when you grow as a human being You can also thrive as a company. That is why the people who work here regularly speak at conferences, one is Google partner here, there are great training budgets, regularly organizing innovation days and everyone working together on Fridays to share ideas and insights. They even have their own academy.
Your role: Senior Java Software engineer Big Data Amsterdam
In your role as Senior Java Software engineer Big Data Amsterdam, you work on one of the different Greenfield products that are developed for the huge clientele. In the multidisciplinary team, you take ownership of the software engineering part. You make sure that the systems are super secure and above all very scalable. You are involved from A to Z and will, therefore, think from the beginning about the architecture to the implementation of one of the industry leaders where it is developed for. Every day you work closely with the best Data Scientists & Data Engineers, so you can broaden your knowledge every day. How cool is that?
To get the job done, you use technologies such as Java11, spring boot, MicroServices, Cloud (AWS/GCP), Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Spark and sometimes Scala or Python. Of course, it’s not a must that you already know all of these technologies, even Spark can be picked up here. This all, because there is a lot of knowledge within the organization about these technologies. That’s an important asset of the organization: Everyone is here to learn and get better! If you have the ambition to become a lead developer/architect. They also have that as a growth option!
What is required?
- 5 + years Java Software engineering experience
- Experience Building Scalable Systems (microservices, Cloud, containerization)
- Fluent in English
- BSc of MSc in software engineering, Computer Science or other similar technical studies
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with Docker of Kubernetes
- Experience with Cassandra, MongoDB of Hbase
- Experience with graphdb solutions is a plus
- Experience with Java11, Kafka en/of Spark is a plus
- Experience with lambdas is a pre
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
What is offered?
- Salary between € 75.000 and €90.000 gross per year based on knowledge and experience
- + 5% End-of-year bonus
- €1500 Training budget + 5 training days
- Hardware of choice
- 25 Holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Compensation for your phone
- Excellent pension scheme
Are you the Senior Java Software engineer Big Data Amsterdam with experience in building scalable systems and want to know more about the amazing world of building data-driven systems?
Then be sure to apply via the form below or send your CV to Roy Schaper via [email protected]
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week