Professor of Philosophical Anthropology
Updated: 01 Oct 2023
The Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies is seeking a Professor of Philosophical Anthropology for its Department of Metaphysics and Philosophical Anthropology. The teaching and research remit involved is based on continental philosophy and deals with questions surrounding human beings and their subjectivity.
As a professor, you will teach Philosophical Anthropology in the Bachelor's programme and participate in the Master's track in Continental Philosophy. You will be co-responsible for the content of the teaching. You should therefore have a thorough knowledge of the history of philosophical anthropology in order to be able to teach both introductory and advanced courses in the field (e.g. in the Research Master's programme). In addition, you have a thorough knowledge of continental philosophy.
In research, you will contribute to the Department's research at the Centre for Contemporary European Philosophy. You will give new impetus to research in philosophical anthropology by linking up with major contemporary developments. Today, the question of human subjectivity and its conditions is a question of humankind's relationship to nature, environment and climate, to other animals, to technology and AI, and to physicality and gender. Each of these relationships pose a question for philosophical anthropology to which your research may contribute. Your research expertise should relate to one or more of these issues, enabling you to acquire research funds and raise the profile of the field both within the faculty and nationally and internationally. Your duties also include supervising PhD candidates and participating in valorisation activities.
As a new professor, you are motivated to actively take on administrative tasks in line with Radboud University's leadership vision based on Courage, Connection and Openness. This vision stems from the idea that leadership must come from understanding the needs of those affected by it.
- You have a PhD in Philosophy preferably in the field of Philosophical Anthropology or, more generally, Continental Philosophy.
- You have an excellent track record of publications in internationally leading journals, demonstrating expertise in philosophical anthropology.
- You have proven experience in acquiring research grants and supervising PhD research.
- You are an inspiring and challenging lecturer with extensive teaching experience at BA and MA levels, who is widely employable in the Faculty's Philosophy programme.
- You have a university teaching qualification (UTQ) or equivalent, or are willing to obtain a UTQ as soon as possible.
- You have managerial and preferably also administrative experience.
- You are proficient in Dutch (C2 level) and English (C1 level) or are willing to obtain these proficiencies within two to four years.
- It concerns an employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €6,099 and a maximum of €8,881 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale H2).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a permanent employment.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
40 hours per week