Post-doc position Innovation journeys for new solar energy configurations
Updated: 14 Sep 2023
In the DIRECT project, funded by NWO, an interdisciplinary team of academics together with solar companies and energy cooperatives work towards new configurations of solar power plants. The project develops a new type of material which collects sunlight and sends invisible light towards solar panels, and thus has the potential to enable more solar energy production per area at reduced cost, environmental burden, and landscape alteration. The DIRECT project is embedded in the Solar Centre of the University of Twente offering a collaborative environment for shaping the future of solar energy!
We are looking for a motivated, creative and open-minded postdoc researcher who will study possibilities, conditions and implications of new solar configurations enhanced with light-bundling surfaces, with a view on integration into established socio-technical configurations, such as PV on buildings, emerging uses, such as agrovoltaics and potential new uses, e.g. in hydrogen production. You will furthermore develop socio-technical scenarios to explore possible pathways together with relevant stakeholders.
We look for a highly motivated, enthusiastic researcher who is driven by curiosity and has:
- completed a PhD in Science and Technology Studies, Sustainable Transitions, Innovation Studies, or a related field, preferably an energy-related topic;
- experience in qualitative research methods including semi-structured interviews and organizing workshops;
- proven to be an team-player and is excited about working with scientists and practitioners from different backgrounds and motivated to contribute to academic and societal challenges;
- an excellent written and spoken command of English, as demonstrated by academic publications and presentations at international conferences and a good command of the Dutch language;
- good skills in managing time and research activities and experience in teaching.
- A 2 year full-time postdoc position;
- Gross monthly salary between € 3877,- and € 5.929 (depending on experience and qualifications);
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Excellent support for professional and personal development;
- A solid pension scheme;
- 29 holidays per year in case of full-time employment.
38 - 40 hours per week