Senior Backend Engineer Amsterdam | Java & Kotlin | High-Available & Concurrent Greenfield systems with high social impact | Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Vert.x, Kafka, Docker, K8s, AWS, Azure & Concurrency | €91.000 + permanent contract
Updated: 30 May 2022
Your job: Senior Backend Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you enjoy working on highly tangible software products that improve the lives of millions of customers every day?
- Do you enjoy solving real-life technical challenges where software and hardware come together while working with technology such as Kotlin, Non-Blocking/Concurrency, Kafka, Vert.X, Lambdas and Reactive Programming?
- How about working for an informal, passionate, 100% tech company with a flat structure, a lot of knowledge sharing and where people stay an average of 8 years!!!
- Do you say yes to great benefits such as an immediate permanent contract, the best hardware, flexible working hours, working from home, fully paid pension, a large training budget and the possibility to visit conferences?
Then don’t wait any longer, because this is the job for you!
Your employer: THE software experts in building high-quality and tangible software products that improve the lives of millions of consumers every day!
At this 100% tech company you will find passionate, tech-driven and super friendly software engineers from all over the world. They have put their passion into building highly reliable and available systems for some of the most interesting Fintech clients in Europe!
The great thing here is that you work with your team from the office (or at home) and at the same time have the diversity of different long-term projects (1.5 – 2 years). Always greenfield and ultimately responsible for the tech choice and architecture AND always with your own trusted team! They are big enough to make a huge impact for their customers, yet small enough to know all your colleagues by name. Best of both worlds!
Their culture is characterized as super tech driven, informal, friendly and very innovative. Always looking for the next new thing that can add value to the world! In fact, there is a significant chance that you or your family use the systems built here on a daily basis!
They believe that smart and motivated people excel when you give them the freedom and responsibility to do their job. That is why you enjoy flexible working hours, working from home options and you immediately receive a permanent contract! People work here for an average of 8 years! If you like a lot of impact, autonomy, responsibility, learning and growing, this job is for you!
Your job: Senior Backend Engineer Amsterdam
As a Senior Backend Engineer Amsterdam you work closely with your team, the super inspiring founders, and you are an important link in making strategic decisions to help the company with challenges that impact the largest companies in the area. And while you have the freedom to choose your technologies (think of Ktor, Quarkus or Micronaut), and collaborate with other highly skilled and experienced software architects.
As a Senior Backend Engineer Amsterdam you participate in translating business challenges into technology in very tangible software projects/products that take about 1.5 to 2 years and always start from scratch. This way you always choose the most up-to-date technology, design and build the architecture and you have maximum impact on the end result! Do you now understand why people stay with this company for an average of 8 years?!
People also continue to work here for longer due to the various career opportunities and the clear growth path. For example, you can focus more on architecture level or more as Team Lead. Everything is possible here!
What is required?
- Minimum of 4 years of professional development experience
- Professional experience with Java or Kotlin (and willingness to work with Kotlin)
- Strong communication skills
- A completed technical Bachelor or Master is a big plus
- Experience with architecture and design is a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot and Kafka is a plus
- Experience with Vert.x, reactive programming and test/delivery automation is a big plus
- Experience with building highly secure and/or highly available systems is a plus
What is being offered?
- Between €76.000 and €91.000 gross per year, based on knowledge and added value
- Immediately a permanent contract! (ideal for buying a house)
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours!
- Fully paid pension
- 27 vacation days based on full-time (2 above average!)
- Working from home for three days
- Flexible working hours
- The best hardware
- Daily lunch at the office
- Training budget
- Travel expenses paid for you!
Are you passionate about working on Greenfield highly secure and available tangible software products that last up to 2 years while working from the comfort of your own home or office?
Send your resume to Roy Schaper via [email protected] or respond to the form below
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week