PHP web development internship
Updated: 11 Jul 2020
What do we do at DTT?
At DTT you will work in a young product team consisting of Web, iOS, Android and Unity developers. In two-week sprints you work on a variety of projects ranging from cool start-up concepts or business critical solutions to fully-featured social media platforms and BLE connected apps. There are multiple (i.a. in-house) projects within DTT that receive continuous development, and are upgraded based on the feedback we receive from users, clients and user tests. Together with your team you are responsible to keep development on track. Due to the cross disciplinary composition of your product team, the daily standups and solving challenging problems, you will learn new technologies and gather new insights at a quite extreme pace.
DTT is always moving forward. One of the driving forces behind DTT is its ever-advancing technology stack. Today, our projects are built on some of the latest technologies, on the backend we employ the power of ASP.NET, NodeJS, PHP, MySQL and MongoDB deployed through Docker. Interfacing with the backend are our mobile apps, hybrid apps/games and web apps, written in Swift, Kotlin, Xamarin/Unity and VueJS. Our development process is a test-driven one. The code you commit to Bitbucket is automatically tested by Jenkins and quality checked by SonarQube.
Interns about DTT
Interns and trainees play an important role within DTT. You will get the opportunity to prove yourself as a valuable team member. DTT offers challenging work, and if you prove that you take your work seriously, you will receive great responsibilities. When you do your internship or traineeship at DTT, you will work on fine concepts and renowned brands, which will give you a head start for an ambitious career.
Do you want to stay after your internship? Great! That’s our preference too. DTT is proud of its previous interns and even prouder that many of them are now an important part of our team, as a full-time colleague or part-time colleague (next to studying).
With who will you work?
At DTT, you are in close contact with all teams: Concept and strategy, Design, Development, Quality assurance, Project management, Marketing, Sales, Strategy and new business and Management. We prioritize creating a supporting environment, where you feel understood and valued. We are one team with more than 75 talented colleagues from countries all over the world, who all have the same objective in mind: to keep developing our company and deliver amazing and high-profile solutions.
Of course, you will be part of a specific team, the web team exist of multiple enthusiastic colleagues. All of whom are passionate about development and with vast experience.
What will you work on ?
You’ll work on projects of the highest quality with: millions of downloads, high ratings and gorgeous designs. The focus will be on delivering great projects, improving yourself and helping the company to develop.
You’ll work on the best projects:
- Edu Play Book
- OSR Star Finder 2.0
- Pirates & Privateers: Multiplay AR game
- Listen & Play
- Randstad Office Configurator
With great results:
- High rankings
- Good reviews
- Beautiful press moments
- International downloads
How do you fit in our team?
To fit in our team, we like to see the following qualities in you:
- At least intermediate vocational education-level of professionality and intellectual ability
- Sense of responsibility
- Good command of English
- You are excited about working on cool projects and are able to work in teams
- You have a feeling for quality and details
- You are familiar with multiple frameworks
- Development is something you really like to do
What will you like about your work at DTT?
We understand that time at work and free time are often seen as complete opposites, but this doesn’t stop us from making time at work as fun as possible:
- A challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic company close to the Amsterdam Central Station.
- Working in an awesome office with the possibility to play games on your favourite consoles.
- Responsibility and initiative: as an intern, you have real responsibilities and the possibility to make a difference with good ideas.
- In cooperation with the HR department, DTT offers a guidance on your professional development through regular evaluation moments and personal coaching.
- You have the freedom to work on your own ideas. For example, there are multiple teams created to improve current processes. There is also room for in-house development of good ideas from our colleagues, for example see our in-house AR-game Pirates & Privateers: Multiplay AR game, Flip Puzzle or VoNo!
- A decent internship allowance.
- Every week there are Friday afternoon drinks (often till late in the evening).
- Once every few months there is a team social where, where you set to see DTT, your colleagues, and Amsterdam from a completely different side.
- Inspiring knowledge sessions by enthusiastic colleagues or externals.
Enthusiastic? Click on the Apply Now button (at our website). Do you have any remaining questions? Our HR department will gladly answer them. You can reach us at email@example.com.
DTT is a recognized SBB training company.
Are you applying from outside the EU and you do not have a student visa? Please make sure to clarify how you plan to legally arrange your stay in the Netherlands with regards to e.g. permits and visa.
No agency calls, please.